New Owner of a 2011 Rocket iii Roadster

Jim Sagazio

Standard Bore
New Owner of a 2011 Rocket iii Roadster:
Just traded my 2011 Thunderbird Storm for a 2011 Rocket iii.
I hope I made an ok decision as my Thunderbird Storm seemed bullet proof.

The Rocket iii seems to be a little cold-blooded but still well manageable.
Is this normal? The mornings here in Pennsylvania are about 50F or 10C.
The engine idles cold just slightly below 1K RPMs - is this normal?

Thank you !!!

Welçome From Florida. Never noticed being cold blooded .I go riding when temps are in the40's. Others wi5h more knowledge will be along with more info.

Welcome from Mississippi!
Where at in Pennsylvania?
800-900 is normal idle range. Mine has been at 860 consistently, regardless of temp changes, since 07. Even when I rode it in the winter in the Philly area?

Welcome from Mississippi!
Where at in Pennsylvania?
800-900 is normal idle range. Mine has been at 860 consistently, regardless of temp changes, since 07. Even when I rode it in the winter in the Philly area?
Hello
I'm in Allentown PA. About 80 miles north of Philadelphia.
My bike seems to be idling about the same as yours then so that makes me feel at ease.

I bought the bike with a little less than 4500 miles so it seems the previous owner didn't ride it very much.

Thanks for the reply.

Welcome from another Aussie and yes they can be a little hard to start in the cold, when it gets to around 0C over night or if I don't start it for a few days in the cold weather, I find to make mine start easier I turn the key on let it do its sweep and prime up the fuel pump then turn the key off without trying to start it and do it again and then start it after the second sweep etc has finished and it starts fine, my brothers rocket is the same.

Welcome from another Aussie and yes they can be a little hard to start in the cold, when it gets to around 0C over night or if I don't start it for a few days in the cold weather, I find to make mine start easier I turn the key on let it do its sweep and prime up the fuel pump then turn the key off without trying to start it and do it again and then start it after the second sweep etc has finished and it starts fine, my brothers rocket is the same.

Thank you and greetings from Allentown Pennsylvania.

That's an idea I didn't think about, to charge the fuel system two or more times in colder weather.
When the situation comes about I will be sure to remember that.

Thanks again !!!

Back