needing Rlll stock ignition timing

Hey bud for some reason when I try to reply to your email it keep coming back undeliverable. Anyway here was the reply I sent for you to digest a little.

"Ok of course I am no expert like Nev but I can see why you power would be down compared to before as you stated. it is mostly from the timing he is running it a lot closer to top dead center then the maps I used. I would say it a a safety call to keep from detonating. plus I bet he is using a low octane fuel or it is timed that way incase you get some where and you can not get high octane.
My memory is not the best but did you have problems with the motor? I remember I think you had clutch basket problems, but I am old and my memory is about as long as my dick. Good thing I have no use for that aspect after 33 years of marriage :)
I see he has the F to L switch over to zero because you only have a 1 bar map sensor capability. I am not pushing it but the new Tune Boy Live has the ability to run a 2 bar map sensor.
Either way
I wonder if Nev made it safe to start with and then once your up and running you can adjust the timing to make more power. I am not sure but if I were him I would do it that way and let you know.
Its either that or like I did start with 116 octane race gas and then as I started to get control I weaned the bike down to premium fuel. I would say retarding the timing accomplishes the same thing only you do not have to drain the race fuel out to change over.
What are the lifts and durations of your cams if you do not mind me asking? Are you using a boost limiting valve (BLV) along with the Blow off valve (BOV) and what compression pistons are you using.
Also what size pulley is on the Super Charger? I would guess since you boost is 14 psi and your map has the rev limit at 6800 You might have a 65 mm pulley verses the 70 Richard sends out with the kit? I think he was the one that had the custom 65 mm pulley made since 65 mm is not what Rotrex carries. And what are you using for a filter on it?
Are you sure your at 1 bar or 14 psi I know Nev found the Belt had a natural slip in it which kept to about 12 psi max. The most I have got from mine is 18 psi. But that was running the 70 mm pulley and 8000 rpm limit.
Also have you changed the fuel pump and regulator? I know Nev had some he modified and raise the pressure a wee bit. " I am going with a external manual boost regulator with a 1 to 1 rise in fuel pressure as the boost goes up.
Hope this is not confusing.
Scott

Back