My number came up. I wrecked.

Ed Merc

Standard Bore
Ride
07 TR3 classic
I was heading to work like any other Monday morning. Traffic was bad on highway 408 going through downtown. I don't know how it happened exactly, but as I was switching lanes I found myself speeding towards a line of cars that was not moving at all.

I hit the breaks and the rear locked up. I tried to steer away and came pretty close to missing, but, alas, I did not.

I rammed a car in the rear left corner. I remember seeing the impact and seeing "stuff" flying from my bike. Next thing I'm aware of, I've come down on the asphalt head first, on my back. I was aware of my helmet making first contact with the ground. Then feeling the rest of my body roll out onto the road. I slid for just a bit. Probably no more than a few inches. I looked up and saw what appeared to be the dent I left in the car I think I bounced off of. I'm still not sure.

Somehow, someway, nothing happened to me. I got up and walked away. The absolute worst of it was a scraped elbow, but it wasn't enough to even make it bleed.

Guys (and girls), I dodged a bullet.

Ed.

Ed, I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm glad you were able to stand up and walk away. Thankfully you were wearing your helmet! Incidents such as yours will only make you a safer rider.

I was heading to work like any other Monday morning. Traffic was bad on highway 408 going through downtown. I don't know how it happened exactly, but as I was switching lanes I found myself speeding towards a line of cars that was not moving at all.

I hit the breaks and the rear locked up. I tried to steer away and came pretty close to missing, but, alas, I did not.

I rammed a car in the rear left corner. I remember seeing the impact and seeing "stuff" flying from my bike. Next thing I'm aware of, I've come down on the asphalt head first, on my back. I was aware of my helmet making first contact with the ground. Then feeling the rest of my body roll out onto the road. I slid for just a bit. Probably no more than a few inches. I looked up and saw what appeared to be the dent I left in the car I think I bounced off of. I'm still not sure.

Somehow, someway, nothing happened to me. I got up and walked away. The absolute worst of it was a scraped elbow, but it wasn't enough to even make it bleed.

Guys (and girls), I dodged a bullet.

Ed.

Glad your ok.

Glad you came thru it ok and safe, bikes can be replaced but lives cannot. hopefully things will work out so you can replace the bike and the helmet.

I agree dress for the, what if, glad it was not any worse. way to many not so good, to many friends or people the captains asking for wishes or thoughts for people who go down. don't mean to sound insensitive didn't you just recently get the r3 ?how bad did the bike get hurt?

I agree dress for the, what if, glad it was not any worse. way to many not so good, to many friends or people the captains asking for wishes or thoughts for people who go down. don't mean to sound insensitive didn't you just recently get the r3 ?how bad did the bike get hurt?
Not insensitive at all.
I've had the bike for about 3 month, so, yes, recently. I'm not certain as to the extent of the damage. I know the radiator is busted. I saw water pouring out of it. I'm not too sure about anything else. I haven't had a chance to look at it. I was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Precaution. Even though I "walked away" I wasn't sure I hadn't broken something. I couldn't feel anything at the time. I was just numb. It's in the shop now. I'll get to see it this weekend.

Back