Motorcycle Lifts/Jacks

I got the Rocket on the table yesterday. My only issue is that my garage floor is mirror smooth and the table rolled a bit as the front tire was going on. I hit it a little faster and that seemed to minimize the roll. The chocks are a little iffy but they held long enough for me to get some tie downs fitted. The table raises the heavy beast just fine. It will work for me at least.

I bought a "lift-buddy" because it was the best available table and clamp setup. Unfortunately the company is now defunct. They stood behind the product 100% (sent me a new hydraulic ram 2 years out of warranty for free).

I've had one of the Sears lifts for 10 yrs, it worked great on my '01 Vstar 1100 but I want to know if it will work on my new Rocket? Is it ok to lift and store the Rocket with all the weight on the engine?

That's part of the reason that I'm getting a table. I also need to be home for more than a day or 3 to "git-r-dun". I'll hopefully have it worked into the schedule for next month.

I have had good success just recently with my Rostra cruise control install.
Will post results soon

I've had one of the Sears lifts for 10 yrs, it worked great on my '01 Vstar 1100 but I want to know if it will work on my new Rocket? Is it ok to lift and store the Rocket with all the weight on the engine?

I wouldn't recommend it,
but that's just me.
There are a couple of options out there.
flipmeister.com has a jack thingy made,
he makes his own stuff, and it's ALL quality stuff
and reasonably priced to boot.
He's also a member here and a real good guy.
or I've got some lift brackets made to fit on top of a sears like ATV lift
that fit in the centerstand holes and sit on top of the platform,
keeping the weight off the motor.

I'd like to see a pic of those brackets that work on the sears type lift.
I'm also going to buy the center stand lift from flipmeister for quick jobs but those other brackets you have would be good for winter storage to save space in the shed.

I have had good success just recently with my Rostra cruise control install.
Will post results soon
Mittzy,I am looking forward to seeing your results on your cruise control.

I'd like to see a pic of those brackets that work on the sears type lift.
I'm also going to buy the center stand lift from flipmeister for quick jobs but those other brackets you have would be good for winter storage to save space in the shed.

Here's a couple of pictures of them.

they're not real fancy, but they work well.

Thanks for the pics, I'm gonna make a set at work. They look to be about 3"x3". With those in the center stand position does the other part of the lift arm still come in contact with the motor, or do you put something across the two lift pads to just lift from your attachments? Also how stable is it?

there're real stable.
I drill the hole to attach the little piece of rope
for a couple of different reasons.
1) so you can see it hanging down under the bike when you get her off the lift,
and remember to take them out of the holes.
2) to hang them over the handle of the jack when not in use so they stay together.

Back