Me thinks Brakes and maneuver instead of Horn would be a better option here

I have to agree, the car was braking and slowing, that should have been the first clue. It you really have to hit something with your front wheel, you gotta unload it some, a handful of throttle would not have hurt once he decided the correct course of action for him was to use the horn and not maneuver. Dipshyte.

bob

Had the ***wit not been speeding and WITH head up ass, he'd a seen the cage brake in time to correct and avoid.
Horn blows - how about the rider?

Had the ***wit not been speeding and WITH head up ass, he'd a seen the cage brake in time to correct and avoid.
Horn blows - how about the rider?
Im yet to see a scared animal that reacts to a horn in the way humans would like , really from his perspective he had plenty of time to stop once he saw the dog , tries to explain in the video comments he was only doing 50-60 kmh , right

Im yet to see a scared animal that reacts to a horn in the way humans would like , really from his perspective he had plenty of time to stop once he saw the dog , tries to explain in the video comments he was only doing 50-60 kmh , right

I'd also call BS on that 50 -60 kmh.
I would even pay for the video analysis, if I am wrong, to prove it!

Looking at it in full screen, if his numbers on the speedo are every 20 than as he started blowing his horn he was close to or a little over 70, at impact he was doing right at 60. I am going to assume kph because of the surroundings. He just had his head up his ass and had no situational awareness.

bob

Looks to me as if he has a minimum of 80-100 feet when the dog becomes visible (@6 seconds in the video), IF he's keeping a proper lookout. Assuming he's below 50 MPH - should have had plenty of time to brake (even in a straight line) and stop short of the dog, even without a swerve. Swerving would have been dicey where he was positioned - swerving left puts him into the dog's likely path (and there appears to be some loose dirt in the left path as well) and probably no chance to swerve right given the position of the other cars to the right.

A solid lookout and non-emergency braking should have been enough to avoid this accident.

Agree with all of the above, a dipsh!t my first thoughts were I hope the dog was not seriously hurt bugger the rider

Back