It was only Boddingtons ;);)

Certainly not condoning the fans behaviour but that's fairly tame compared to the Valley boys when Bristol City used to travel to Cardiff at Ninian Park before the Taffs sold out to Tan the Malaysian.
The coaches would be pelted with bricks thrown over a cordon of police on horseback and one travelled back to Bristol less a window!

I must say that its scene like this that put me off going to football, I started going in 75 and my last game was in 87. I grew up thinking this sort of thing was normal, then when I got into my early 20's I started to question what was normal and what was right. I have seen some horrific things done by normal people.

I must say that its scene like this that put me off going to football, I started going in 75 and my last game was in 87. I grew up thinking this sort of thing was normal, then when I got into my early 20's I started to question what was normal and what was right. I have seen some horrific things done by normal people.
In the 70s I admit I was one of the football hooligans:( never took it past the game , would be kicking the crap out of someone or vice versa and sitting with them in the pub a few hours later.

In the 70s I admit I was one of the football hooligans:( never took it past the game , would be kicking the crap out of someone or vice versa and sitting with them in the pub a few hours later.
Ime glad you have admited because me too was a hooly...in the late 70,s when our Tramere Rovers played away we would have an army that travelled for the sole purpose of mortal combat:laugh:..could i sleep at night?? of course i could because the other teams where out to kill us:D ..no children or animals were harmed in this story;)
PS...we always had so much fun with the London teams:roll::roll:

Ime glad you have admited because me too was a hooly...in the late 70,s when our Tramere Rovers played away we would have an army that travelled for the sole purpose of mortal combat:laugh:..could i sleep at night?? of course i could because the other teams where out to kill us:D ..no children or animals were harmed in this story;)
PS...we always had so much fun with the London teams:roll::roll:
Maybe the Tramere fan didn't hurt kids but the Liverpool fans did. Do you remember the stanly blades they used to carry? Well a mate of mine, aged 15 at the time, was set upon by a bunch of Liverpool supporters and needed 78 stitches to his arms and face. He was all alone at the time and between 6-8 grown men attacked him, he wasn't sure of the exact number as he was trying to shield his face at the time. Brave eh! I'm sorry but I still carry a lot of resentment towards Liverpool. Nuff said.

Maybe the Tramere fan didn't hurt kids but the Liverpool fans did. Do you remember the stanly blades they used to carry? Well a mate of mine, aged 15 at the time, was set upon by a bunch of Liverpool supporters and needed 78 stitches to his arms and face. He was all alone at the time and between 6-8 grown men attacked him, he wasn't sure of the exact number as he was trying to shield his face at the time. Brave eh! I'm sorry but I still carry a lot of resentment towards Liverpool. Nuff said.
Why say sorry to me matey:confused:...Iff you have resentment towards Liverpool thats cool with me and your choice, ime just confused why you had to qoute my post in your story regarding a terrible and cowardly attack.

I suspect it's because your post referenced not hurting children.

What I don't understand is why a post that started out celebrating the win has degenerated into a thread about thugs and their endeavors.

GO REDS

Back