Liscense plate redo!!!!!!!!! higher mounted

Freightbusters

Supercharged
Maybe you all already know of this but I was considering to move the plate higher on the bike maybe 2 inchs --- have seen adapter kits
costing 50 to 100 bucks....

I removed the plate and saw there are mounting slots about 2 inchs higher on the OEM bracket..........so I mounted the bracket higher!

Ok this leaves about 2 inchs of bare bracket hanging lower than the bottom of the plate.........Not hard to fix got my metal cutting wheel ..put on my skill saw covered all the areas so sparks would not do damage...removed plate...cut a straight line just under the upper slots
and wow....now have moved the plate two inchs higher..and clean and no cost.....and now the rear tire can be seen.......that was easy!

Freightbusten

Holy Crap!! Who's going to see the licencse plate with that big ol' nitrous bottle hanging there? :eek:

Seriously, good job coming up with your own plate solution.

Now, if you're juicing this thing, you seriously need to consider a darkside tire. A Brit over on the other site found out the hard way that a sudden power increase can cause the Metz to break away and slide out. He's still pretty sore from the incident.

Holy Crap!! Who's going to see the licencse plate with that big ol' nitrous bottle hanging there? :eek: ...
I'm glad you said it first. Upon seeing the preferred parking tag and the bottle, I was thinking I.V. solution:D

What would happen if you put that beast down in a slide situation with sparks flying and the tank ruptures?? :eek:

Last edited:
just mount a chrome fire extinguisher on the other side:D looks better, you ought to consider moving the turn signals in acouple of inches. A bud of mine did that by moving the mounting brackets in and re- welding them. Way to go...Who needs Rivco....hmmm, I guess I do:eek:

Thats only a 2 lb bottle

HA HA>>>>>>Y should see my 10 lb bottle....Y right its a little hard to see the plate after y hit the nitrous button...........only in third gear I promise!!!!! X
and Y are right perfered parking with IV bottle for my wife after hole shot!!!!!!!:eek:

Freightbustin

Good idea on the lights just got the orange lens replaced.......

Back