Is my Rocket III Touring too heavy for me?

And let's also remember, that just because some words on the screen might SEEM to be something less than positive, we must remember that the internet is a cold, cold, cold filter, and while Rocket captains bust the averages when it comes to breaking through that cold, not all of us are so well endowed. So we best all give wide latitude, and if we read something we just can't make positive, best to let it pass.

Kjones256, I must start by saying I apologize for being a little um... how should I say this... A dick. I was a dick. Sorry. I was new once here too and had someone treat me like a jerk over a story I told about racing another bike. I really didn't like his attitude towards me at all. And I don't want you to feel that towards me. I was a bit inebriated the other night after the Pats beat the Texans last week. I truly am not like that 99% of the time. I just read my post and it was out of line. Most everyone on this forum has been great to talk with and share tips and experiences with. I find them all to be very gracious with their knowledge and helpful when they have shared similar experiences. I hope you truly enjoy your Rocket as I do mine, and I hope you dont feel it was personal, it wasn't. I was just be a drunk ass turd. My apologizes again sir. I cant say I wont be a *****again, after all we are playing Pittsburgh this weekend. Only joking.

Kjones256, I must start by saying I apologize for being a little um... how should I say this... A dick. I was a dick. Sorry. I was new once here too and had someone treat me like a jerk over a story I told about racing another bike. I really didn't like his attitude towards me at all. And I don't want you to feel that towards me. I was a bit inebriated the other night after the Pats beat the Texans last week. I truly am not like that 99% of the time. I just read my post and it was out of line. Most everyone on this forum has been great to talk with and share tips and experiences with. I find them all to be very gracious with their knowledge and helpful when they have shared similar experiences. I hope you truly enjoy your Rocket as I do mine, and I hope you dont feel it was personal, it wasn't. I was just be a drunk ass turd. My apologizes again sir. I cant say I wont be a *****again, after all we are playing Pittsburgh this weekend. Only joking.

Rick, that was awesome - when I read your post the other day I wondered if someone borrowed your computer, or you & Sam Adams were typing??????? I knew that was not your standard & now hopefully Mr Jones does as well. :thumbsup:
I'll be thinking about you this weekend whilst drinking my Sam Adams or Anchor steam & rooting for the Pats (Now that my Cowboys have followed pattern) :roll: :roll: :roll: :(

01 001 00001 001 01otis-campbell.jpg
Can not for the life of me understand How someone can get on here drunk and make a bad comment and regret it later.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Well mannered individuals do no such things. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: I thought maybe I was special I guess not.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I feel that Drunk is a strong word. It makes me think of this guy; inebriated seems so much more sophisticated.

Dropped mine on a steel trench plate in the rain. Lowsided when I slightly accelerated after making a turn.
Slid off the trench plate and the tires caught traction on the asphalt and decided to go ahead and highside too. :mad:
It threw me about 10' and gave me a few bruises to help out and make sure I learned a lesson.

I'm 45 yrs, 5'7" and well south of 200lbs, I do eat a few too many burgers though.
I didn't have a problem picking it up using the method shown in several vids on this thread.

I never "dropped" my Voyager but did set it gently onto the crash bars once when the weight got away from me. It was a bit heavier than the R3T but carried it a lot higher; still no issue getting it up....I mean lifting it back onto two wheels.:whitstling:

I'm not fitness nut; but I do stretch, get some cardio and a little strength training.
If you've recuperated from throwing your back out; some squats (even without weight) can make a difference in how easy/hard it is to handle.

I've had mine almost three years now and it doesn't feel big at all anymore. Now everything else just feels small.

Can not for the life of me understand How someone can get on here drunk and make a bad comment and regret it later.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Well mannered individuals do no such things. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: I thought maybe I was special I guess not.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It only took you about 3 hours to come with the follow up I was waiting so patiently for :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Back