Insurance Claim Humor

PEKAY

.020 Over
Ride
2015 ROCKET ROADSTER
Had to share this with you guys. I owned a Harley before my Rocket. A drunk driver pulled in front of me and left me with one of two choices, die or lay the bike down. I chose life of course.

I've never had an accident (auto or motorcycle) so the call to a claim agent was my first go round. The normal 25 questions regarding the accident began of course and then this one;
"Does the motorcycle have seatbelts?" I thought this was said in jest and I replied "no" laughing, and then in a serious tone the agent asked "Does it have an airbag?" Realizing that I was dealing with someone clueless I said, " is there anyone there who's even SEEN a picture of a motorcycle before?"

Someone explained to me later that major insurance companies use sub-contracted claims agencies to handle this end of their business. Somehow I didn't find that reassuring news.

Did they ask if it was a two door or four door as well? Gotta love those people who lack common sense but can read a list of questions.

I can see the help wanted ad now:
Hiring! Insurance claims representatives. Job qualifications (there are only two): 1) can hold a phone 2) dumb as a rock, but can read!

The not so humorous side of this story is that the drunk driver saw me go down and kept going leaving me bleeding on the road. His concern? Being arrested for D.U.I. (driving under the influence). I guess no one explained to him that leaving the scene of an accident with injury is a felony. I suppose in his mind he won because no one present at the scene was able to get his license plate number. Kinda makes you lose your faith in humanity....at least temporarily.

I am buying a hard wired front and rear camera set up for exactly this reason.

Back