I'm new to this forum. I have a new(old) 08 TR3T and a 01 VALK Interstate

BIGMIKE 08TR3T

BIGMIKE 08R3T
Ride
'01 VALK & '08 TR3T
Hello everybody who is a Rocket III Touring cycling enthusiast. I have an "01 VALK with a Goodyear TripleTred size 205 55R16 on my RR and the suggested service/Operators manual Dunlop 150 60R17 on the FR. I live in Florida where it is mostly sunny, hot and wet. The TripleTred is perfect for this weather. And I will have to replace only when signs of tire-rot occur, I have several thousand miles on it and no sign of wear. I inflate at 42 PSI, the Dunlop front tire, the SM suggested 36 PSI.

Enough about the bike that is broke-in. I'm a new owner of a "08 TR3Touring. I got it in rough shape. It needs tires now! I have been following your threads on tires: recalls from Bridgstone, car tires, shinko's, etc... But all the threads are old, and I would like an update if Bridgestone NA have fixed their problems, or are still not suggesting that we use their tires for the R3Tourings???

I also have some electrical issues....but for different postings.

Suggested tires and sizes please!! Thanks y'all

Hello everybody who is a Rocket III Touring cycling enthusiast. I have an "01 VALK with a Goodyear TripleTred size 205 55R16 on my RR and the suggested service/Operators manual Dunlop 150 60R17 on the FR. I live in Florida where it is mostly sunny, hot and wet. The TripleTred is perfect for this weather. And I will have to replace only when signs of tire-rot occur, I have several thousand miles on it and no sign of wear. I inflate at 42 PSI, the Dunlop front tire, the SM suggested 36 PSI.

Enough about the bike that is broke-in. I'm a new owner of a "08 TR3Touring. I got it in rough shape. It needs tires now! I have been following your threads on tires: recalls from Bridgstone, car tires, shinko's, etc... But all the threads are old, and I would like an update if Bridgestone NA have fixed their problems, or are still not suggesting that we use their tires for the R3Tourings???

I also have some electrical issues....but for different postings.

Suggested tires and sizes please!! Thanks y'all
Sorry, I am on a R3R. My tire needs are different.

This what I use on my 09 R3T
image.jpg

I just ordered the Good Year Assurance TripleTred 205/55R16 RR; and the Shinko 150/80R17. I'm replace the stock tires from the factory--Bridgstones, that apparently were recalled. I/m riding, but close to home just in case runner stops meeting the road.

This what I use on my 09 R3T
image.jpg
Welcome. I too own and ride a Valk ('97 classic). It seems Rockets and Valkyries appeal to some of the same folks. The way I see it, the Valkyrie inspired the advent of the Rocket. Most folks don't realize the Valkyrie was once the largest displacement motorcycle in existence for several years. The Rocket ended the displacement wars the Valkyrie started.

Sorry I can't help you with your tire questions. I just ride with stock type tires. Ride safe.

Back