I saw my first Rocket today!

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I saw my first rocket today. Unfortunately, it was on the channel 3 news out of Kalamazoo, MI. Tragically, a 59 year old man was killed when a women turned in front of him. The bike was a mess, but I immediately recognized the bottom of the engine from the newscast video of the scene. No other bike has that engine and with dual headlights....it had to be a roadster. Ride safe my fellow forum members....I was hoping my first sighting would be a different one.

http://www.wwmt.com/news/features/t...al-motorcycle-crash-158927.shtml#.VZs4nWK9KK0

Last edited:
Tragic. It almost always is driver error, humans are ****ty at driving anything even if they try not to suck. 90% of all accidents are caused by the human factor.

I didn't use to be a fan of roundabouts but not only are they far more efficient than four-way stops at moving cars through, they're also safer. Can't do much about the 90% figure but there are some things you can do to make roads less chancy.

I'm saddened for that guy and his family. Some people just have a hard time seeing a motorcycle. I hope that driver gets jail time for her stupidity and carelessness. I wonder if she was on her cell phone? I'm seeing more and more morons on their phones while driving. Be safe my friends and watch out for all the idiots out there.

Sad news - RIP.

The surveillance camera will do nothing to prevent future accidents at that apparently well-known trouble-spot, merely show in retrospect what occurred when it happens again.
Great plan! :rolleyes:

Back