How worried should I be?

That's what I thought. ..guess I'll take her into Blackfoot Motorsports in the spring. ..
you can do this easy but if you wait for spring say hello to Travis and the parts man at blackfoot from me .. patrick

Now is the time to get it done because they will be slow. If you wait until spring then you along with everybody else will want their bikes worked on and you might have to wait weeks. If you are not comfortable with doing it yourself see if you can get a deal on doing it now.
P.S. 10 years is getting a bit old for tires.

Now is the time to get it done because they will be slow. If you wait until spring then you along with everybody else will want their bikes worked on and you might have to wait weeks. If you are not comfortable with doing it yourself see if you can get a deal on doing it now.
True enough. ..I've got towing with CAA.
And I bought the bike a 2008 in 2013 with 2300mi on it, but im told 10 years is the lifespan regardless of the miles on it.

Replacing the pump is not a difficult job ,I took the front cover of the pump to make engaging the drive blade in the slot easier ,then the trick is to slide the small hose on the pump up the tube to clear the pump then slide it down over the pump outlet ,put your clamps on the hose first as they are a PITA to slide around the hose in situe as the fit in a groove in the block

I got home from a few weeks away and found this under my bike. It's been -30C for about 2 weeks while I was in Texas. I am far from a mechanic but if I had to guess it's from the seal where the water pump is? But I have no idea....can you weigh in please.
It's a 2008 with 5300mi on odometer.
20161226_110532.jpg

A 08 with 5300 miles?!
A seal has dried out from lack of use! :roll:

I had a leak on my bike and first I believed it to be from the water pump seal. It turned out to be the returning hose clamp which is up behind the radiator and needed all the chrome covers to be removed. The clamp was loose thats all so it was an easy fix.

Well, if things get really ugly - at -30 degrees C (-22 F for you British Colonials) if you didn't have enough coolant in your radiator fluid, the fluid may have frozen. Frozen water expands. With an aluminium engine block, that would be Bad, capital B. Although bad also for steel, but aluminium is weaker.

Back