Hello from the cold country, Nova Scotia Canada

Tom Dorrington

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph 3 Roadster
My name is Tom and I recently purchased a 2012 Rocket 3 Roadster with 5061 kilometers on the clock from a local dealer. What can I expect from this machine with regards to regular maintenace or know issues. I will be glad when winter passes and spring arrives so I can get out and enjoy some wind therapy.

Attachments

• IMG_0572.JPG
    IMG_0572.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 0
G'day and welcome.

Regular maintenance is at 10,000 miles. There shouldn't be any particular issues with your bike. However, it is important to grease the splines on both ends of the bevel box when you do the service, or when you change the rear tyre - whichever comes first. An Eastern Beaver kit wouldn't hurt either.

Welcome from Germany! Maintenance seems to be pretty easy on these beasts though some of our older ones have a few known issues. Wouldn't trade her for the world though! Unfortunately you'll have a longer wait than most of us to understand why :)

Welcome. Now you'll be able to ride into The Wharf Rat Rally and not look just like everybody else. Mx is rather straightforward. As mentioned before, grease the shaft splines at each tire change. Several threads on that here.

Welcome from one of the many Australian members
I think most of the known problems were fixed by the time the 2012 model came out
I have the same year, no major issues so far

Welcome from the not so sunny South. It will give you another place to sit during the current blizzard. Save money for fuel, other than a bunch of grins there are a few glitches here and there but mostly grins.

Hello Tom and welcome from Virginia. I can expect about 20,000 miles per years but maybe you're not so lucky there.

Back