Hello from Missouri !

C908

.020 Over
Ride
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
I just found your forum and signed up so I can learn about the Rocket. I currently own a 2010 Harley Ultra Classic but am considering getting a Triumph in the near future. Let me say this, I am not a die hard Harley person. I started riding in 1974 and have only been riding a Harley for the last 5 years. Before the Harley I spent 10 years on a Honda Valkyrie. I guess riding the 6 cyl Valkyrie is what makes me think I might like a Rocket. My Harley has been a good bike but I guess I'm just a little bored with the whole Harley scene. Unfortunately the two closest Triumph dealers are 76 and 100 miles from my house. This spring I'm going to check them out and look at some bikes. One concern I have on the Rocket is maintenance. When I had my Valkyrie I ended up doing my own valve adjustments. I didn't do my research before I bought the bike and then found out valve adjustments were $300.00 every 12,000 miles. It was a pleasant surprise when I found out the Harley has self adjusting valves. I'm hoping you Rocket owners can educate me on anything else that is a concern. I actually haven't decided what direction I want to go next. I just turned 60 yesterday and I'm starting to think about downsizing. I could even possibly get a Bonnie T100 and add some bags and a shield to it. On the other hand I think I may be good for one more big bike. I'm 5'7 165 lbs in pretty good shape with no hip or knee problems. I ride solo 100 percent of the time since my wife hates to ride.

Welcome to ya from WA.
Your biggest problema will be to decide if you want a touring bike or a ripper.
This is where I came to finalize my decision over two years ago - RIPPER!!!

BTW - RAA X in Marble Falls, AR is only 7 weeks away!

Welcome mate from one of the Aussies.
Valve adjustment every 20,000 klms

Welcome to ya from WA.
Your biggest problema will be to decide if you want a touring bike or a ripper.
This is where I came to finalize my decision over two years ago - RIPPER!!!
Jeez bull your ***n quick

Welcome C908 You Aren't a toy helicopter Fan by any chance are you, if you want to downsize from a Harley Ultra Classic then you will find the R3 especially the Big Touring model is no smaller at, 60 years young you are not ready for a mini bike yet, with 41 years experience a Rocket Touring would be a great choice for a mature rider and the ride comfort is fantastic,

And OW-DO from me an'all..
Whatever model Rocket ya gets, It'll pull yer arms out their sockets..
OR--it can be as sedate as you choose--:)--You have the options...not like the H.D-- shake rattle & roll.
'Tis a proper bike..:thumbsup: :)

Welcome from Aus, a mate of mine turns 60 in July and he's celebrating by taking 3 months off to ride around Aus.
60 is a great age to celebrate.

Welcome from Aus, a mate of mine turns 60 in July and he's celebrating by taking 3 months off to ride around Aus.
60 is a great age to celebrate.
All these 60 years young fellars around , I am 67 in September and still ride at least 3 times a week with blokes young enough to be my grandson, I am still capable to ride 1000k plus days ,1170k home in one day from RDU 2014, turning 60 is not the thing that stops you doing what you want, its not wanting to do things at 60plus that stops some of us ,providing you have your health and a few bob Then on your bike jimmy as the Scots say! as for downsizing bikes, forget that one;)

Back