Hoop073

Standard Bore
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket iii Roadster
Hey Guys,

A little bit about me. I have been riding off and on for the last 20 years or so. Started with a Kawasaki KLR 650 back in the day. Then moved up to a VTX 1800 in 2002. Ended up getting married in 2003 SO... that one was short lived.:whitstling:. Then was able to jump back in in 2007 with a VTX 1300. Had that one till a few weeks ago when I got T-boned in the Wal-Mart parking lot and they totaled the bike. I Always wanted to have a R3 since they came out but didn't have the funds when I got the 1300 and since then just couldn't justify another bike when that one was doing me fine. I'm not a small puppy at 6'1" 350LBS So I wasn't looking for a small bike……. and the kid that hit me said I came out of nowhere, so I figured I can put off the diet and buy a bigger bike….strictly for safety reasons as you guys understand. So now since I had a reason "and a agreeable wife" I pulled the trigger. Actually got lucky with it. One of the local dealers had been sitting on one since 2011. So I pretty much stole it from them. New 2011 Rocket 3 Roadster with 6 miles on it bought in July of 2014 :thumbsup: Just the base bike no extras but I like that cause I can make her what I want. Probably going to make it more into a touring than roadster cause that is what I am use too, but you never know. Thats the beauty of starting from scratch again. :D So I look forward to getting to know you guys and picking your brains about stuff.

Hoop

Welcome aboard hoop, hope you enjoy the bike and the banter.

I know I'll enjoy the bike and the banter is just a bonus. Thanks

Welcome on board ... and enjoy your new blank canvas. Remember to post plenty of pics along the way.

2014-07-10 02.32.14.png

Safety is always a good word to throw into any discussion about things you "need" for the bike, or in your case, to justify it. Well done on that score. Your Roadster will be every bit as good a tourer as the Touring; all you need is the right gear. Plenty of ideas on here. Welcome aboard.

Hello Hoop and welcome from VA. Sorry to hear about your invisibility condition, but hopefully your willingness to beat anorexia will pay off. I too believe that adding the word safety into the sentence is always the best approach. And, congratulations on having an amiable wife. That makes life so much better when you have a supporting partner for your habits.

Back