Hello from Caledon, On

Alkenber

.020 Over
Ride
2014 R3 Touring 1973 Triumph Tiger 750
I don't own one yet, but if all goes well I may soon have a 2014 R3 Touring. Its that or a 2015 Tbird Commander or LT.
I am leaning towards the R3 though.

Welcome to the horde from Northern Michigan. I absolutely love my R3T. Would not mind having a Tbird but for long trips the R3T is awesome.

And a simple cable and TuneECU and you can bump up the HP.

Had a chance to ride either? I road a Rocket Roadster, then the T-Bird LT. The T-Bird was a fine bike, but the Rocket was addictive.
No, I havent ridden either, just sat on them.
I REALLY like the looks of the Tbird, but I already have a VTX1300 that I plan to keep so I am leaning towards the Rocket 3 Touring because it will be quite different than what I have and better (I assume) for the longer runs.

If you get a chance try out both the Touring and the Roadster. The Roadster will give you a feel for the power the bike is capable of since the Touring is detuned (which is easily rectified with a $20 cable and a laptop).

In addition to the above, the Rocket is a unique bike whereas Tbirds and TbirdLT have "similar" models in competition. Try the R3 and you'll be smitten. The Roadster also cruises beautifully and has that extra power. Guess the toss up is between foor boards (Touring) or pegs (Roadster) in addition.

Good luck and keep us posted.

G'day and welcome. I think you would be happy with either, but happier with the Rocket. :)

Hello and welcome.I think once you ride a rocket you are hooked...That's how it was for me..:)

Back