Hedgehog

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket III

Attachments

• P1070002.JPG
    P1070002.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
I have used heated gloves in the past and they are very effective compared with grips. You'll love them!

I use heated grip these days, I've just recently fitted Avon ones and they're great. Can't justify the faff and cost of heated clothing these days as I have a metal box on wheels to use now when it's cold.

Don't buy the Triumph heated grips as many have had issues with them snapping where the throttle cable mates with the grip.

That stuff looks good, but also check out Gerbing gear. I have used it for a few seasons and it works very well.

Another option to keep your hands warm is Hippo Hands. They are as ugly as sin, but work very well.
I remember them from the 70's. They haven't changed a bit.

also check out Gerbing gear.

Seconded. I have their Hybrid gloves that have batteries as an option, they get nicely hot, and they have a whole interconnected system where you can connect gloves to jacket, jacket to pants etc and only have one cable out to the bike.

An option to butt-ugly Hippo Hands would be Barkbuster Blizzards. http://www.barkbusters.net/products/290.html

Yes the Gerbing stuff is good too.... the main difference with the gloves as far as I'm aware is that the Keis ones are actually pretty good protective gloves quite apart from the heated part - for instance, unlike most winter gloves they have lots of hard armour and extra leather... First time I've seen that in a heated winter glove...

HH

Back in 2001 i bought the whole Gerbing set up gloves, jacket and pants. I pluged in and almost fried. I returned the pants and just use the gloves and jacket. The controller is a must if you don't want to over heat. I found myself falling asleep with it on high. The jacket and gloves are still working after 13 years. Watching this video i see they've really improved the glove line compared to the ones i bought years ago.

Last edited:
Yeah you have to have a heat controller, if you run the Gerbing gear on max you'll roast.

My gloves have reinforcements over the knuckles and the palm, but only in leather, ie no hard armor. That's about the only drawback I could mention. Well, I wouldn't have minded a zippered gauntlet for easier on/off but it works as-is.

Gerbing has worked well for me the past 8 years.
I seldom need to use it, but the jacket and gloves are ALWAYS in my bag just in case.

I love my Gerbing jacket and gloves! Went down to Triump Detroit Tuesday and back home today for my 40,000 mile service...**** that was expensive. 1222.84, but I had 9 shims replaced! Labor was 784.00, but I did have some other stuff done and I am extremely happy with the dealership!!!

Saw a new R3T, they changed the handlebars and lowered the bike a bit. I could sit on it flat footed and the bars were perfect. It was tempting

Back