head light relay/ignition switch bypass

Nuclear Boss

Standard Bore
Anyone have any step by step instructions on making this modification? Try as I might, I've been unable to get any decent candlepower out of my headlights...​

haven't done a thing yet, have no idea what I need or how to do it.

get in touch with the man at eastern beaver(google works fine) tell what you got and he will show you step by step and show you what you need
for my R3 2006 I chose dual headlight relay with on off switch and batteries connections.

I recommend that you order a harness from Easterbeaver.com and tell them it's for an R3 and that you would like the harness from the relays to the lights lengthened to allow installing the relays under the tank.

I went with the kit with the low beam switched option and didn't know to have the harness lengthened. I had to install all the relays behind the headlights and it got a bit crowded.
The end results were fantastic, bright white light and excellent visibility.

The only difficult part of the install was taking the plugs apart to go through the headlight bucket holes and putting them back together. Eastern Beaver uses quality parts and they are made to come apart easy enough, it's just a little tedious.

The results are well worth the effort and the parts are pretty inexpensive.

Their instructions are clear and easy to follow.

I concur with Hellfire...

call the man and ask to have the wires extended.

I did the extending myself, but I'm sure that he can do it much easier.

Getting the plugs off so that you can get the harness into the headlight buckets can be a little tricky, but be patient and you'll get it done.

You will be more than happy with the results.:D

I concur with Hellfire...

call the man and ask to have the wires extended.

I did the extending myself, but I'm sure that he can do it much easier.

Getting the plugs off so that you can get the harness into the headlight buckets can be a little tricky, but be patient and you'll get it done.

You will be more than happy with the results.:D

I third this, I put the relays in the headlight cans and it was a female dog, get the kit but make sure the relays are under the tank MUCH better solution. Eastern Beaver is the best solution!!!

rac

OK, so I've been putting off ordering the relay kit because I can't make up my mind which one to get (to switch or not to switch). How much length needs to be added to fit the relays under the tank? Just askin'.

..I just looked at his site..you're in luck..he has a new headlight relay kit just for Rocket III owners.. Link Removed

..that takes all the guess work out of it for you except for how long to keep the relays from the light socket..he makes these kits up upon order..I forget exactly how long mine were that he made for me, (maybe 16 to 20", but definitely farther back than what he shows in his pic in the link)... take a tape measure and guesstimate from the headlight bucket to the middle of the under tank..

..when I ordered mine, I also got his dual horn relay kit for the two stebel magnums, and I also ordered his 3CS to plug both sets of lights and horn relays into..only one other set of leads to put on the battery that way..

Back