Handle bar options vs risers?

Rocket3Pilot

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket III Roadster
I've got a stock 2013 Roadster. I want to get the bars back maybe an inch or two but mostly I want the wrist angle to come in about 10 to 15 degrees. They just seem to straight out to me and it wears on my back after an hour or so.

I'd do the riser thing but that won't fix the angle issue. I have heard the classic or touring bars come back further. Is that true and if so, do they angle differently?

Thanks

I've got a stock 2013 Roadster. I want to get the bars back maybe an inch or two but mostly I want the wrist angle to come in about 10 to 15 degrees. They just seem to straight out to me and it wears on my back after an hour or so.

I'd do the riser thing but that won't fix the angle issue. I have heard the classic or touring bars come back further. Is that true and if so, do they angle differently?

Thanks
Yes the classic bars pull back more and have a slightly different angle. You should find one to sit on and see if you like it. Myself I do and have them on both my Rockets. I tried the risers but like the classic bars much better. I am waiting on a steering damper to arrive (used one the engineer is sending me) for my mock up to see how much or actually how little I have to lift the bars up to fit it under there.

You might also want to try the T style drag bars. but my bet is if you had some back support like a backrest you would sit up straighter which takes a load off the neck, shoulders and arms. I could not believe it when I added it to mine.

Once I got Rivco riser (2" up and 1" back) I came to like the stock bars.

Though recently I fitted 12" bars onto the risers and am very happy with those. I have built my own backrest also and this certainly makes a big difference.

Your height can effect the feel of the bars too.

I çould'nt find bars that suited me for my R3t so I made mine from 2 roadglide handlebars beeing stainless they turned out looking pretty good

I had Flanders Ultra Classic bars (650-08715) on my first Rocket. They are very similar in pull back and height to the Classic bars. Th Classic bars are more comfortable. The angle to the tank is a bit larger so that your wrists aren't bent in at an uncomfortable angle.

Back