Front tire wear

Wrecka

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3R
I asked one person in particular this question in a private message for no other particular reason than i respect their honest opinion on all things Rocket.

Also thought i'd throw the question out to the public forum as well just to see what answers others have .

Hey mate just running this by you. As you know im having that tire fitted tomorrow , thats still going ahead. Lately i been getting a weird vibe under front brakes and a lot more bar vibration while cruising, looked at the original front and it has a weird cupping wear pattern , done 14k klms is this normal wear ? Tire place will be fitting an Avon on the front the following week , are these a good tire for the front with the DS rear ?

there are probably a lot of answers. what i call the weird pattern that is on the front that also makes a rumble sound when turning at freeway speed. my personal opinion is that it is caused by a lot of hard stops. the first time i seen it was on my friends honda. my metz was cupped good i have since tried to take it easy on the stops time will tell but it will take a year or so before i know.

My metzler front tire on my Touring cupped after around 3K miles, I was told at the time by the dealer I must have run it low on air pressure....

Now after 7k my front Metzler is cupped on my 14 Roadster, and there is no way it's ever been low on air, I check it religiously.

I'm having the Bridgestone rear and Avon front fitted next week

Your lucky to get 14,000klms from your Metz. Mine cupped at 7,500Klms and went Avon Cobra Great tyre.
Started panicking last couple days as im getting massive vibe through the bars that was making my hands and arms go numb , not to mention the thundering when brakes are applied. Yeah i ride like a sissy , thats why it lasted so long.

It doesnt take long for a Metz to cup. Everyone that I've had cupped and always check my air pressure. When I started hanging around other fellows with Triumphs the first thing I noticed was the majority of the tires on their bikes was cupped. All was Metz tires.

Last edited:
Started panicking last couple days as im getting massive vibe through the bars that was making my hands and arms go numb , not to mention the thundering when brakes are applied. Yeah i ride like a sissy , thats why it lasted so long.
I think the reason you got 14'000 k,s Wrecka would the majority of your riding is hi- way riding Right

I asked one person in particular this question in a private message for no other particular reason than i respect their honest opinion on all things Rocket.

Interesting! Yesterday I did the same thing and PM'ed a member whose opinion I trust regarding my tires

I wonder if it's the same member? :)

Back