Exedra Max-another review

Jim/Maine

Supercharged
After two Metzler rears I have now apx. 750 miles. Bridge Exedra Max. After a good run two up, I am very impressed. Does just about everything better, certainly easier turn ins, secure steeper lean angle and quick turn moments. For me only down side is a little bit less planted on straight away (but not much less). My wife says it is like a different ride for her, as big an improvement as the Hagon shock exchange. I am enthused to ride this tire to it's end and I hope that it is a slow, graceful process. Trying to find a new front now.

Last edited:
I have used two ExcedraMax rears so far and agree they are much better than the OEM Metzler.
To me, the improvement in tires was not nearly as much as the Hagons over the stock rear shocks.
I had bad luck with my first 140 Michelin; however, I shall try one more as soon as I'm back in the saddle.
Best Regards,
1olull

I know it's not a Rocket guy's, but it comes stock from the factory with the ExedraMAX. It's funny that on the Rockets the Metzler is being ditched for the ExedraMAX (by some), yet on the M90 some ditch the ExedraMAX for the Metzler. When I finally get my Rocket Roadster I know exactly what's going on the rear after the stocker has worn out:D:D:D.

Just installed the excedra 130 front tire, have had the excedra max rear tire for about a year. As others have posted, the improvement in handling with this combo is amazing, feels like a different bike, a much lighter bike. I had a Dunlop 404 on the front that was pretty worn out and causing a significant slow speed wobble. With the new excedra the wobble is completely gone.

It is funny that the m109r's are going from excedra to metz's and we are going from metz's to excedra's. I would say that it is just anti "stockism" but the Rocket is a much better bike with the exedra's, I hope the 109'rs are getting equal improvement with the metz's.

I doubt I will ever put another metz on the Rocket, everything else I have put on has been better than the metz i.e. avon's, bridgies, and dunlops.

It's the C109 that comes with the Exedra Max. Pretty sure the M109 comes with a Metz as standard, which would explain why M90 owners are keen to go with a Metz - to copy big brother. There is no 240 Max to fit the M109's 18" wheel.

Back