error code: P1105 map sensor

stretch

.020 Over
I just ran a scan with the new free software I downloaded TuneECU. Found the code for a map senser, I herd it might be a hose by the air box, can anybody give me a little more advice. Is it something you have to replace or just a hose that came loose. thanks guys I appreciate any advice.

If you have not messed with the F/L switch over then my guess would be a bad vacuum line. there are three coming from the Throttle bodies to a union then one large one running to the map sensor. The map sensor one is probably leaking. You should check all four hoses and the four blank off caps one on ech throttle bodie and two on the rear throttle body. Also chek the electrical connection to the map sensor.
Here is the location of the throttle body hoses and plugs
#1 TB

#2 TB

#3 TB not it has two blank off Pluggs/caps

Hope this helps

No problem stretch I just got home and took a look at the manual. Fault code P1105
is "map sensor Pipe fault". it says to check the condition of the pipe to the throttle bodies as a action. So Translated check the vacuum lines.
It probably getting a real erratic vacuum making the electronics inside the map sensor bounce around to much. There is a chip in the sensor the flexes as vacuum draws on it this flex send the appropriate low voltage signal to the ecu. (0 to 5 volts) the ecu uses this signal to decide what millibars of pressure verses the rpm. This is how it finds its location on the L tables. It is a fine sensor reading engine load by the vacuum present within the programed parameters. Where the F/L switch over point is set by Throttle percentage and rpm. anything over the programed switch over point is read from the F tables. I had to change mine on my 06 from dry rot so if you have never changed yours its probably time to. (and the plug caps also. if they are dry rotted you will see it as soon as you start to stretch them when you pull them off. I would change all the lines and plug caps then clear the error and reset the adaptives) then fire her up if the fault is gone go out and ride her to check and make sure it has been solved. If the fault does not come back you can let the big grin come back on you face:D

WARP!!!!!! How do you have so many pics!!! LOL.......everytime somebody has an issue, there you are with a pic...must of took ya months to tear down and take all those pics......very cool...and thanks for the effort!! :D

mutt

WARP!!!!!! How do you have so many pics!!! LOL.......everytime somebody has an issue, there you are with a pic...must of took ya months to tear down and take all those pics......very cool...and thanks for the effort!! :D

mutt

No dude, everytime I took her apart, if I changed something or found things in the manual that just weren't clear I took photos. I also took some because I am not a Motorcycle mechanic and am sometimes I get forgetfull in my older age :D

Thanks dude I lifted the tank last night and took a look, I got my work cut out for me.
Do you have tripple K&N filters? If not your right it will be some work. I would try the large one first if you can change it without taking the air box plumbing out. It might just be that one.

Also I am curious did your engine light come on with the error code or did you just notice it while you were plugged into to the bike with tune ecu?

Hey dude I finally found time to dig out those lines, there are no holes in any of the hoses they are in good shape no dry rot, checked the caps those are good to. Do I buy a map sensor? And yes the light was on before I read the code. thanks again for all the help.

Back