Engine heat issues?

2013r3roadster

.060 Over
Ride
2013 R3Roadster
Just a quick question regarding engine heat as I am new to the rocket 3 world... Are there any issues when riding with the heat off the manifold? I don't know as of yet but would like to find out before doing so the hard way. Still abit cool her in CO. Just curious. Thx

Sitting at a stop signal gets warm during the hot summer months. A 140 CI heater with a fan forced radiator during 110° F day motivates me to keep moving :p

I have not noticed the engine heat as much as on some of my previous bikes. That said, if you sit at a long light you will get some heat, but I normally don't notice any.

I know mine is not meant for stop and go traffic in the Summer. Luckily, I don't run across much traffic. Although, when I was running the stock exhaust and tune, it did seem to run cooler. Really, it's not different than having a Harley exhaust next to your leg. When the fan kicks in, it blows all the heat on you.. and that sucks, but when a Harley is that hot.. all the heat just rises up to you... so not much difference there either. I DO find that when I had the Roadster screen on for a while, that thing traps all the heat rising from the radiator and puts it right on the rider! Much cooler riding with just the fly screen...

Basically, the heat comes with the territory. As that old saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. ;)
Trick is to keep moving. Get some highway pegs and use them when you can. It's much cooler out there. If you have a screen, it will be hotter (but what would you expect?) so you can always remove it - and throw it away.....:rolleyes:
As for the manifold; don't touch it!

Thx guys, will deal with the heat then, small sacrifice for horsepower. At least I have a radiator unlike the Harley to cool the motor...:flame:

Back