I thought that the religion reference reference was funny, since it's usually the non-darksider's that cry about some one using a car tire on their bike. :cool:

I am not going to enter into this discussion except to say having dealt with a one eyed journo before, they only like to write about scandles and things that sell thier mags not to mention that if they promoted car tyres in thier mags they would lose half thier advertising, also being open minded will more than likely try a Bridgestone next time round but purely as an experiment but it will have to be bloody good to give me the same secure/ safe feeling I get from the federal car trye I am running and as far as insurance is concerned my insure knows and has NO Problem with it
In Conclusion I will just. Say The artical is just more Friggin Bull**** to lift the sales of the mag:rolleyes:

Sadly, you are wasting your breath trying to get these poor lost souls to the Brightside , muleskinner.:(:p

Hey Phil! I'm not trying to change them from what they are using. I just wanted all interested parties to read the article and take away from it what they may. There will always be some guys who think anything that is written where the writer's opinion and research go against what they believe. Those folks will never believe what the engineers and the guys who actually do the research and design (R&D) the component say. To them it's all just a big conspiracy to keep them buying M/C specific tires.

I'm sure all of these highly qualified experts on the subject know nothing about what they talk about. It's all just a big conspiracy to get you to buy their products. Sure! :rolleyes:

I currently have a Bridgestone tyre on my bike before that I had a car tyre and the first thing that I did was call my local Gieco Insurance agent and ran it by him what I wanted to do, he called me back the next day and said that it would not be a problem with the insurance if I had a car tyre on it.
You fart the wrong way and some low life (not all of them) lawyer will try and sue so reading what a lawyer said means nothing to me.
I have also read about the naysayers saying the bridgestone is not designed for the rocket so you cannot use it:confused:
With all the car tyres on bikes not just the rocket someone must have been in an accident so does anyone know of anybody who had a problem instead of taking a magazine whose job is to sell magazines to the public word on any thing.

I wonder what the Duke would say about this bubble wrapped society we live in today...:( I liked the Darkside Bridgestone Potenza RE-OIR 245/45ZR18 tire the only problem i found here in New England a lot of the roads are narrow and i found myself favoring the middle of the road in the curves. It will take awhile to catch on unless some tire manufacturer comes up with a better mouse trap. Least we forget the great oil debate ,how many riders today are using dino oil..

Dimwit calls 911 to gripe about his deli sandwich order

Attachments

• john-wayne2.jpg
    john-wayne2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 69
I'm sure the car designers, tire engineers of both CT'S and MC tire's
not to mention the journalist all have a stake in the game.
Not that there's anything wrong with promoting their agenda, that's capitalism boys.
Where I find my use of a car tire through reliable riding experience,
telling me it's far superior to a metz.
Instead of some paper shuffling mumbo jumbo sissy that won't try it
but wants to down it to sell his story.
The detractors who have tried it and didn't like it,
that's their business.
Myself, I like it and will get another one if I ever get this one wore out.
25,000 miles on it so far and no signs of giving up yet.
Not bad for $110.00

What I can't understand is..... why is it the few here who do not like to run car tires are so passionate to get others not to run them? Soooo curious. Could it be ideology? Aren't the majority of them left leaners? Not throwing stones, just trying to figure out why they always getting in the middle of darkside discussions with negative rhetoric. I relish my freedom (to choose).

Here's where I am with respect to the "new information" about the perils of darkside: I weigh what the risks are on both sides of the equation.

I weigh the possible risk of insurance companies looking for an out to not pay vs better traction when starting and stopping*. If for no other reason, being able to stop faster to avoid collision is far greater than the possibility of the insurance risk.

*I am intentionally leaving out lateral forces because that is debatable. However, knowing what I know now from riding mega miles on both dark side and mc tires, I do not feel as comfortable with a MC tire on the rear. MOF, I probably will soon put one on the new Roadster.

Back