captain jack

Turbocharged
18 months old & the beast won't wake up so easily on cold start, I suspect the battery no longer up to the job, but before I go & buy one I have 2 questions to ask :

1. Is there another reason for all this cold cranking, it jumps to life first go every time after the first start.

2. If a new battery is needed any advice on which to buy, I'm in the UK don't forget.

Thanks in advance oh great learned ones

someone has mentioned scorpion batteries not sure the model number tho , he said it worked great, they have a website

I Have always had that problem, when you're trying to start a car motor with a battery half the size of a lawnmower battery. The engineers that designed it were and a warmth building' I have a small six amp-charger if it is real cold I put it on for 15 min. before trying to start, also Make sure you have it in neutral. mine is a 07 still running same battery knock on wood but if you need a battery don't know if you have a Wal-Mart $75 it is a model number ES20LBS

I find that putting mine on a battery tender, until fully charged every couple of weeks helps out alot with the cold starts

Jim

I am using the Deka Agm ETX16 battery. I did require a few mods to fit but soooo much more power and has never missed a beat. My bike also had the same issues every cold day, even with a battery upgrade and leaving it on charge all night. Now I can sleep at ease knowing it doesn't matter how cold it gets, it will start first go and fast cranking as well.

I am using the Deka Agm ETX16 battery. I did require a few mods to fit but soooo much more power and has never missed a beat. My bike also had the same issues every cold day, even with a battery upgrade and leaving it on charge all night. Now I can sleep at ease knowing it doesn't matter how cold it gets, it will start first go and fast cranking as well.

lol and your handle is scorp....go figure! :D

mutt

Solved my cold start issues with the Odyssey PC625 battery, Odyssey charger and tray modification. It's not for everyone since it requires the tray be altered and finicky battery/charger technology. It requires special handling, but when done right spins the engine faster in freezing temps after sitting a month than a stock battery in summer on a hot bike. I love it, but it's been labeled as quirky since it takes special attention to detail and the exact Odyssey matched charger. It will not work with a standard lead/acid charger or maintainer, they can even damage the Odyssey battery over time.

Back