Chirping Crickets after Ramair, Hate them CRICKETS!

Lifelong Biker

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Rocket III roadster 2004 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
I know this subject has been touched before, but just putting it out there. After the TORs and Ramair set up, I downloaded with TuneECU one of HansO's Tunes. ( Big shout out to HansO It was awesome of him to send me the tune, no charge and he did it right away! Thanks again HansO ) I honestly don't feel a noticeable power difference, I like the Intake induction sound sound, but HATE the crickets LOL It just sounds like a bad tuned engine. How many guys does the Crickets bother, or am I being too anal???? Do you guys think the "crickets" were always there, but just hidden with the stock, intake set up? And does anyone think this cricket sound is something bad for motor? ALL COMMENTS APPRECIATED ! Thanks!

I belive somebody posted once....the sounds of crickets its your bike making power(or something similar)...

untitled 3212.png
Get louder exhaust.

That's my next move! All I need is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !!

Some crickets created due to increased air flow. The sounds of vacuum being created at the primaries. When the factory plastic is on the bike you cant hear it due to the length of plenum between the under seat air box and the injectors. If you were to take the air filter off at the seat and listen to the engine you would more than likely hear the faint sound of crickets off in the distance. Imagine having a turbo and a blow off valve hanging off the right side just in front of your foot.

The crickets are worse for some than others... I had crickets and did not really bother me because they weren't to load. When I did the cams and piston upgrade the crickets moved away.:thumbsup:

Back