Changeover Relay????

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I have been looking at some parts associated with the electrical system of my 2013 Rocket 3 Touring and one of the parts is referred to as a Changeover Relay. I know the Brits (no offense intended) speak a different language when referring to many things including parts that we in the US know by a different name. Does anyone know for sure what the term "Changeover Relay" refers to or translates to? I could venture a guess, but I don't want to plant the seed. Thanks

Okay everyone...no need to reply to this post as I have seen the error of my ways after some more research. I was having a senior moment in my thinking a once I knew what I was looking for on the circuit diagram for the R3T I walked right to it. Changeover represent the type of relay not it function in the circuit as I was thinking.

The only "changeover" relay on the wiring diagram is in fact the "starter relay" which allows for switching the lighting circuit out during startup. A relatively cheap part as well at less than $11.00. It also looks like the running or accessories lights are on a relay as well (showing on the wiring harness) so I can eliminate that from drawing power through the ignition switch. The Eastern Beaver is on the way so that should do it.

Back