Broken heated grip again

rainman

Seabee can do
Ride
06 classic 2012 victory xr
Going to work this morning and my right side heated grip broke again luckley I was only 3 miles from home going to call dealer and see if it's still under warranty this is the third or fourth one

I have an older 05 and mine seem to be made better,hasn't give me any problems. My son has a Thunderbird and he will be going on his third one as the other two have broken,Triumph said that they will relpace as a good will BUT this would be the last one. Triumph must know about this problem also but no fix in sight.

When you say it broke, did the heating element fail or did the throttle cable slot break? The latter is what happened to mine, leaving me stranded. I decided to just reinstall the stock grips instead of risking that again.

The cable throttle slot broke again I have another grip I keep in my saddle for this they r replacing it again under warranty this one lasted10 months

Guess there's no sense asking if they've changed the design, obviously not.

Ain't a great feeling when you're riding along and suddenly you're just idling? I was on the Interstate doing around 80 when mine let go. Real pleasant sitting on the side of the road in Phoenix in June waiting for a tow truck. I was sure the cable had broken. You must have the swapping out process down to an art.

Yea reckon I do my brke this morning on the on ramp to the interstate but I keep a regular grip and some thin wire so I can ty it the grip

Dang Rainman, you don't look right riding pillion and that is putting it nicely :eek:.

IMG_0086.jpg

quick fix

Back