Brakeaway cruise control for 2011 Roadster Has any one fitted

They told me that they didn't have one to fit my '09 Classic either. Luckily I listened to the people here instead of there. I believe mine is the one listed for Victory bikes and it works like a charm.

I've got pretty nasty arthritis in the hands. Years of being a competitive swordfighter had me spending more time with broken fingers than without and I've got 11 pieces of titanium (and 6 pieces of nylon) in my right hand, so the Breakaway is a godsend on longer rides.

2011+

I was told that Triumph relocated the break Master and the pivot point which is connected to the Breakaway is now farther away then previous or the Roadster. This makes it difficult to keep the unit adjusted so it works... i.e. it would either not hold the throttle or not release it... Breakaway, the company, was not happy with the resulting set up and therefore would recommend install. That doesn't mean it won't work, but will need modification and care in adjusting.

Ogre turned me onto the GO CRUISE throttle control last year.
I have used it ever since and love it! Several of my riding buddies have also went to it. Go Cruise is simple in design, inexpensive, effective and SAFE.
Cost is only about $20 and installation takes all of 30 seconds!

Best Regards,
1olbull

:bch:

I had a brakeaway 2 bikes ago.. never had one on my 2005R3 Standard, but would like one on my 2012 R3 Roadster.. I looked over the instructions for brakeaway.. for those who have installed it was there anything special that had to be done to your grip to make it fit?

Not really...had to add an extra washer best I remember to get it to adjust right, but have had it on for a year with no issues...and it is definitely a god send on long rides

Here you go...and I mis-remembered...no washer needed
DSC_0821.JPG

DSC_0822.JPG

Excellent.. thank you sir.. I was confused about how the end of the throttle grip flared up toward the brake res assemby? so it appears the brakeaway just bolts right over the throttle grip up to the flared part? sorry.. I had one about 7 years ago.. but forgot how it was mounted..where was it that you had to add the extra washers?

Yes...it goes right over the throttle grip...no washers...bad memory. It has been on there for a year...lots of sleep and more than one beer since then

Back