I sense a fair amount of snakeoil. All the data in the Webbikeworld article (from 5 years ago) is anecdotal and "he feels by the seat of his pants". Nobody is more irrational than a human being who wants things to feel different after investing money - the bike could be running on one cylinder and spewing oil from the air filter and he'd be going "this is an awesome upgrade". This is why one wants measured data.

I'm also not sure (not being an expert or anything) what this extra black box does that one can't do with an ECU remapping if one really wants to maximize power, except that it is far less work than taking the bike to a dyno and an expert. If the bike runs so much better with a richer mixture (which is what this box apparently does), why didn't Triumph make it run with a richer mixture from the start? Because they hate better performance...?

(Though looking at the ECU map for the R3T that comes stock, maybe they do...)

It may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I would want more data before hooking it up to a Rocket. Mine runs like a beast already with Power-tripp's improved map.

Back