The Machinist

.040 Over
Ride
zx14, zx10r, zx7r and hopefully a rocket III soon :)
Hey guys. I'm a new R3R owner and new to the forum. I'm also loving the forum with all its discussions and what they have to offer. With that said, I'd like to ask for some opinions on roadster exhausts.
I'm sure the subjects been covered but things change all the time and do we actually get tired of talking about our scoots?... I didn't think so..
I'd like to ask you for your opinions on mostly slip on exhausts. This bike needs some music! Things I'm interested in are :
-overall appearance
-sound
-whether additional tuning is required
-if there are any videos with QUALITY sound
-and of course the price.
The chrome and bulk of the oem units also don't do much for me.
Any input is appreciated from you guys. I know you folks know your rockets and won't steer me wrong!
Thanks in advance everyone!!

If you do the exhausts spend the money and do the header you get more bang for your buck just my thought I mean if your wanting to do it you got to tune either way mys-well get the most out of it hard to tell from any vid I've seen the true sound most dont have a mic that can record well about 80 decb but some are ok

I took the left side exhaust off on my Roadster in order to change the tire. Once I had it removed I said to myself "I wonder what it sounds like?" I fired it up and it didnt sound that bad. Walked around the bike and noticed it didnt look that bad either with just one exhaust coming off the right side. Just throwing a idea out there. lol

I had a can laying around collecting dust so I fabbed up a piece between the header pipe and the can and got this... saving money to get my custom exhaust made up... this will do for now. As loud as the carpenter pipe but not the power...

Thanks guys. When I bought my bike they gave me 1000 dollar usd in vouchers for triumph gear. I am going to see if they'll allow me to use it on a PC5. The only other things offered that appeal to me are pretty much a screen and maybe floorboards. All I know is that all this chrome has got to go!:sick:

Back