2007 Rocket III classic W/ Zard Exhaust

outriders58

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III classic
I bought the Zard exhaust system for my bike. The 2007 ECM is a little different from previous, and following years. I was told that i needed to put the Power commander on my bike. At first it would top out at 125, then they worked on it somemore then topped out at 139mph at 6000rpm. It would also idle at 2000 rpm's. I unplugged the power commander, and at 5600 rpm's i was up to 144mph. The power commander for some reason clearly does not work on the year of my bike. Without the PC, I went from 12.1 in the 1/4 mile to 11.6, and that was with a head wind. I get slight surge with the gas air mixture. I took the seat off and rode my bike and she improved. Does anyone have any imput on this. There's got to be something besides the power commander. I was wondering what they use in Europe.

If you have the Zard shorty exhaust, they are said to reduce power. Your best bet is TuneBoy from Australia, about $500 or TuneEcu which is free. With TuneEcu you need to buy a cable for about $20 to hook the bike to your computer and away you go. There are many different tunes to choose from depepnding on your exact setup. The ECU in your bike is the same as all of the standard Rockets except it came from the factory with a lower speed limiter. Mine is now set for a top speed of 1000 mph but it takes quite a while to get there..........You can also read and reset trouble codes and lots of other good stuff.
And a word of warning: Go say hi and introduce yourself before TC bites ya!

I have a 2011 Roadster with the complete exhaust (header too). Can't say I notice any performance increase but it sounds nice.
HOWEVER, I am currently having a major discussion with them as it generates SO MUCH HEAT, it's virtually impossible to ride! BTW the bike lives in Italy so I'm in direct contact with the factory.

well with my zard without the power commander I went from 12.1 to 11.6 in the 1/4 mile. That was with a head wind. she has no governor but she tops out at 144 mph. I've head of tuneboy. I'd like to do my cams and pistons. Who's TC?

TC is the meanest cat on the junkyard. At least that is what he wants people to think.

Welcome to the forum. Get yourself TuneECU and you will be able to adjust the speed limiters and a bunch of other stuff to your hearts content.

TC's not the only one. How about some sort of intro before asking for help. We're very accommodating once we know you - and it can be helpful knowing more about the bike....... For for example, what sort of Zard system?One member has already had to ask that. Think about it.

I see you reckon the Powercommander changed your final drive gearing. Interesting.
And how/why did you ride your bike without a seat????

well with my zard without the power commander I went from 12.1 to 11.6 in the 1/4 mile. That was with a head wind. she has no governor but she tops out at 144 mph. I've head of tuneboy. I'd like to do my cams and pistons. Who's TC?
Not bad with amuzzled pipe on her. With tuning software and a better pipe she will be in the upper 10's. Depending on what you put in her for cams and pistons she will fly!!!!!!Personally I like 3-1 pipes for power and a bunch of other goodies :)
Classics they are the best out there!!!
The Millennium Falcon.JPG

dont worry about TC (aka TomCat) he's just a big p#ssy cat and so is "Richard the Lion Heart" (aka CanberrR3) who you have already met, it is just nice for someone new to introduce them selves and their bike, what model and other mods, it makes it easier to help you with any issues.
I agree with others have said about the TuneECU but I can't get how std tune is better than a PCV or are you running a PCIII either way a good tuner would be able to do better than you have achieved, must say would have been a tad uncomfortable riding without the seat but it would definitely get you down out of the wind, seen a guy by the name of Hombre that used to be on here that used a bare seatpan which would be slightly more comfortable but only just. :rolleyes:
Also what Air filter set up you running if you are using the K&N 2780's they will hold you back you need either a Ramair or the "K&N RX-4040-1's my choice" :)

Last edited:
***c me :mad: just trying to encourage a bit of manners and that new owners just say g'day before drilling away with their questions . Just expecting us to answer questions (most of which have been answered a dozen times already) .. seems to me the decent thing to do is introduce yourself before expecting advice , help or assistance .. kind of like in the real world :cool:

Back