Zara Benta Exhuast

Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
My friend is looking at exhausts for his 2005 Triumph R3R. I've watched him install large air inlet changes. Then came the super charger. He had computer tunes changed. And he is getting serious about a Zara Benta set of pipes. Any opinions on them?

Zard Penta? - DONT. It will actually drop power a bit. PENTA SILENCERS KIT

For advice on pipes for forced induction - @warp9.9 (the owner of the 450bhp beastie) and of course our tame in-house pipe guy @Paul Bryant

AND ALL OTHERS NOTE - IT WILL NOT FIT A ROADSTER OR TOURING. Only fits Pre2010 STANDARDS/CLASSICS - It's the ABS box.

Zard Penta? - DONT. It will actually drop power a bit. PENTA SILENCERS KIT

For advice on pipes for forced induction - @warp9.9 (the owner of the 450bhp beastie) and of course our tame in-house pipe guy @Paul Bryant

AND ALL OTHERS NOTE - IT WILL NOT FIT A ROADSTER OR TOURING. Only fits Pre2010 STANDARDS/CLASSICS - It's the ABS box.
Thanks for your help. I gave my friend your advice. I appreciate your quick response on a supplier I've never even heard of.

I had the Zard Penta exhaust fitted to the bike when I bought it. What a piece of crap. Has a catalytic converter in the collector box and this had parted company with its mounts and sounded like a childs rattle. No way to repair unless you cut the thing apart with an angle grinder. As for performance...there isn't any!! IMHO a complete waste of money!!

That exhaust looks better suited for large wheel chock. He would be better off with a larger header and single can.

Last edited:
The worst exhaust.
I have had two of them on the dyno and it was a drop of about 15-20 hp.

Same bike
Zard blue
vs
TORs red

Attachments

• d6zfxw2lux7c0of7v.jpg
    d6zfxw2lux7c0of7v.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 0
Did I get the model wrong? I thought that's what the cruiser was called. The Rocket in 2005 was called? Give a R3T owner some help. Thanks...
Early ones were Just called Rocket III. There was the Classic - footboards, different bars and luggage. And there was also a sort of fully dressed one called the Tourer (not the R3T).

Later came the R3T. Then in 2010 when the exhaust (and ECU) configuration changed the Good old Rocket III became the Roadster.

Back