You'll never forget the smell

Joshua

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
Hello all, I joined a few weeks ago but never posted anything to introduce myself. I'm from Decatur Illinois (hence the smell) and came into possession of a very low mileage (3400) 2005 Rocket III late last year. Anyone have any tips for me for an early model?

Welcome from Alabama. There were a couple issues with some of the early models. Such as transmission, and switch. I'm certain a search will reveal some answers, as well as the more learned members will be along shortly. All the answers are here though.

Welcome from North Texas Joshua!

I guess I’m glad I don’t know the smell you are referring to but as far as the 05 Rocket, change all the fluids, a new battery and ride it like you stole it would be my suggestion.

In cruiser land nothing comes close.

Welcome from Cape Cod. The guys on this forum have tremendous experience on Rockets.

Hello all, I joined a few weeks ago but never posted anything to introduce myself. I'm from Decatur Illinois (hence the smell) and came into possession of a very low mileage (3400) 2005 Rocket III late last year. Anyone have any tips for me for an early model?

G'day and Welcome Joshua from one of the Aussie's

Welcome to the forum...My 2005 runs like a top,had it 11 years now and knock on wood she's holding up well. There was an idle recall back in 2006 that is covered by Triumph they fixed it no charge. I change the oil and fluids every 5000 miles . I've always kept up on the maintenance kept it garaged and on the battery tender...enjoy:thumbsup:

1919393_1154426498393_1617069_n (2).jpg

Last edited:
G'day and welcome. There is a manual and some other stuff in my signature. If it hasn't been done, then you will need to get a bypass for the headlights to stop the current going through the ignition switch - as it will cause a solder joint to fail. Bypass kits can be bought from Eastern Beaver and our own @DEcosse also makes one.

Back