sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Got it all together and turned the Key on. Grabbed a beer and a SMOKE. Finished the smoke first. Finished the beer and grabbed a second. Then we started the bike. Worked out great No codes blown and she purred after the 12 minute tune. Really like the sound of the Ramair. Revs really well. Sweet. Come on Paul I am ready for the pipes. Did figure out that the right rear turn signal bulb is burned out. Replace that in the morning along with a bath. Can not believe how dirty she is. ONE REALLY HAPPY CAMPER. Five days of hard work and a learning curve from hell. HAPPY, HAPPY, and HAPPY.;);););););););););)

Really has been a challenge. The Rocket is not easy to work on. Harley's are easy kind of like working on a lawn mower engine. The Rocket is one really nice piece of work. Even so it has taken a lot out of me in the last couple of days. Tired mentally worn out. Was so #ucking glad to see her purr with no codes. Did not take her out on the road after a couple of beers and a SMOKE. Know better than that. Figure in the morning on getting her cleaned up and turn signal bulb replace. The ride to work should be some real entertainment. Plan on somewhere on 75 to open her up. Can not wait for the pipes from Paul. Got a tune and really excited about getting her together. A few times last week I would walk on out to the shed and think to myself "Oh no what have I done" Parts everywhere. Cams in one area and brackets covering the shed floor. The throttle bodys and all the connections was a real brain teaser. Loved every minute of it. I guess for some folks that are used to working on the Rocket are laughing at my post but for me it was a Challenge from hell. Ready to learn more.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sonny,
Every time I pick up a wrench to work on MUFASA, I have to remind myself to slow down and take my time. It is definitely a machine worthy of giving your full attention to detail and care in what you're doing. Glad everything was a success!!

@sonny
It's always good to hear when a plan works out and you know the job is done properly:thumbsup:

I'm with you Sonny...I've rebuilt several engines and work on my farm equipment all the time....Adjusting the valves on my Rocket was one of the most frustrating jobs I've ever done.

Back