WTF just happened at that light?!

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
So there I am riding home from work. Quick, but not totally ridiculous riding, maybee 20 mph over the limit at most times.

Pull up to a red light and a Charger SRT pulls up next to me, don't look at him, don't rev ... nothing. The next light is maybe 1/8th mile ahead and is clearly very red. The light we're at goes green and I take off in my "slow and easy mode" cause the next one is clearly red just ahead. The homeboy in the SRT next to me fawking LAUNCHES his car, probably thinking I'm trying. We get to the next light and I look out of the corner of my eye to see a 40 something cracking up....

So just ahead of this light we are now sitting at is about a 1/2 mile dead straight with no turns on or off the road.... You can guess what came next lol.

I don't rev, don't hole shot particularly hard, just rapid (as in like nearly instantly) go from idle to full throttle with the clutch fully released in probably the 1st 10 feet. Basically a street hole shot with no warning to him.

This being the first time I've launched my bike in about 2.5 months, I nearly shat myself :O Spun the whole way through first gear, not sit and spin, I mean launch hard as **** and spin all the way through. Grab second and look in the mirror just in time to see his nose drop as he let off the throttle about 10 car lengths back...

**** eatin grin all the way home lol. Had to come share :p Times like those always make me happy I chose the rocket over a harley.

PS: That is actually the first time the back end has come unglued in that particular manner, was quite fun, but also quite deceiving because at first I didn't realize it was spinning. The only thing that gave it away was the rear end wag left/right/left gently that only comes from spinning the back. Always amazes me how predictable and controllable the Rocket is when you ride her in anger.

Ahhh yes my friend good to see your living up to your number plates , some would say im just as guilty for encouraging you , i say releasing the inner hoon is why most of us buy a Rocket and to those who disagree with momentary lapses of hoonisim i say go buy a Royal Enfield :)

Well I can say I like this story. I have had several moments like this one during the last few months. I cant stop laughing every time I ride my R3R. It is hellacious machine indeed.

Well I can say I like this story. I have had several moments like this one during the last few months. I cant stop laughing every time I ride my R3R. It is hellacious machine indeed.
Ive owned mine for 17 months and i have to be honest and say i have never been game to fully nail it from a dead start in 1st , im scared of having an embarrassing moment.

It took me quite awhile to work up to doing it Wrecka, and I honestly dont go full retard often. If you do decide to do it, just make sure your leaning forward over the tank some :p

I found the CES exhaust seems to provoke asshats thinking im trying when I'm just cruising, probably to be expected since it's a fairly loud and very deep sound.

It took me quite awhile to work up to doing it Wrecka, and I honestly dont go full retard often. If you do decide to do it, just make sure your leaning forward over the tank some :p

I found the CES exhaust seems to provoke asshats thinking im trying when I'm just cruising, probably to be expected since it's a fairly loud and very deep sound.
I lifted the front wheel on my 06 Tribal many times back then , i have never once had the R3R pop a wheel on me, im thinking as age has beset me so has the need to play it safe.

Ahhh yes my friend good to see your living up to your number plates , some would say im just as guilty for encouraging you , i say releasing the inner hoon is why most of us buy a Rocket and to those who disagree with momentary lapses of hoonisim i say go buy a Royal Enfield :)
Don't knock the Royal Enfield. My Curry Burner would beat the living day lights out of my RIII in a drag race, and would continue doing so until I replace the broken clutch cable on the Rocket. ;)

Back