WTB fly screen for 2016 roadster

ChicagoRocket

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph Rocket 3 R Chrome Edition
Anyone selling or know where I can get a Flyscreen for my 2016 roadster?

Specifically like the one in the pic above that would match my paint job?

image.jpeg

Hey ChicagoRocket, did you have any luck?
I would also like a little screen like the one in the pic.
Any clues where to buy?

They are a stock triumph accessory but now put of production - don't know why because there is still a high demand. They used to be available in every color of Rocket made about 20 I think but not sure the striped version was ever available. I just took my gloss black one off to fit a screen for winter but will refit it in summer. I also have a clear 'Sport screen' one which may be easier to obtain. You will need to buy the fork mounting kit (front end fixing kit) separately but they still have these available at the dealers I think.

Parts catalogue and diagrams - not Aussie but once you find the part numbers just google them and look for Aussie sites. Also many international sites will sell to Aussie buyers but freight can be a real deal killer.

World of Triumph
Triumph Motorcycles | triumph-select-model-block | Triumph Parts | Triumph Clothing | Triumph Accessories | Triumph Bikes Rocket III - Classic - Roadster

Front end fixing kit
Triumph Rocket III - Classic - Roadster motorcycle parts for Front End Fixing Kit | Triumph Motorcycles | triumph-select-model-part | Triumph Parts | Triumph Clothing | Triumph Accessories

Flyscreens scroll down past diagrams for list of colors and part numbers - many no longer available but can help you search for old stock that some sellers still have on hand.

Triumph Rocket III - Classic - Roadster motorcycle parts for Flyscreen | Triumph Motorcycles | triumph-select-model-part | Triumph Parts | Triumph Clothing | Triumph Accessories

Sportscreen
Triumph Rocket III - Classic - Roadster motorcycle parts for Sports Screen | Triumph Motorcycles | triumph-select-model-part | Triumph Parts | Triumph Clothing | Triumph Accessories

Calmoto Triumph is another
OEM Triumph Motorcycle Parts and Accessories Online - CalMoto Triumph Parts

and Bikebandit

There are many more sites you can find just by googling the Triumph part numbers

If you don't have any luck I still have another fibreglass version in gray undercoat but it has an embossed molded in Kuryakyn Zombie type skull design similar to these images but not to my taste. It does not have the brackets or cup head mounting bolts just the same base shape with indents and holes like my black one below.

340-808_A.jpg

If you don't have any luck I still have another fibreglass version in gray undercoat but it has an embossed molded in Kuryakyn Zombie type skull design similar to these images but not to my taste. It does not have the brackets or cup head mounting bolts just the same base shape with indents and holes like my black one below.

340-808_A.jpg

Thank you for your reply Ishrub (Ishrub that's a bit weird, wots that stand for)? Are you able to take a pic of the skull, the actual one you have and advise what I need to pay you, all up, to deliver to Melbourne? I'm not too fussed about bracketry, I can knock something up here to fit. The embossed Kuryakyn Skull, would that slot into position okay you reckon? Was it made to fit a Rocket?

Thank you for your reply Ishrub (Ishrub that's a bit weird, wots that stand for)? Are you able to take a pic of the skull, the actual one you have and advise what I need to pay you, all up, to deliver to Melbourne? I'm not too fussed about bracketry, I can knock something up here to fit. The embossed Kuryakyn Skull, would that slot into position okay you reckon? Was it made to fit a Rocket?

OB-LI619_rango2_E_20101214151408.jpg

1. Weird says 'Rango'!!!! ;):p.
Yeah Ishrub, think 'Rubbish' and scramble - like my brain works it does. :D
I had a new pound rescue malamute/blue heeler cross dog and liked the affectionate name 'Rubbish'. I thought if I got another dog I could call them both at once so named it 'Ish' which fitted the malamute bit, never got the 2nd dog but years later she died and got another pound rescue yellow lab and was going to call him 'Rub' but rellies hated it and he became 'Grub'. 'Ishgrub' don't have the same ring (rang) to it eh!

2. Yeah, I'll dig it out of the shed this week. It is a molded fibreglass version that used the R3 flyscreen and holes etc as a template. Came with my black one as an unannounced freebie that I had chucked in the shed with the packaging as I thought it was just a packaging form to support the black screen. Only discovered it when unpacking and fitting the black one. Not sure if you can buy the flyscreen brackets separately but I do have an extra matching set on the clear sport screen which I shall probably never use again but loathe to split from that screen. The skull covers most of the central portion of the screen and is part of the mold not a badge (see the black one above).

3. AND NO it is not this ABOMINATION posted by warp9.9 elsewhere.

Link Removed

Last edited:
OB-LI619_rango2_E_20101214151408.jpg

1. Weird says 'Rango'!!!! ;):p.
Yeah Ishrub, think 'Rubbish' and scramble - like my brain works it does. :D
I had a new pound rescue malamute/blue heeler cross dog and liked the affectionate name 'Rubbish'. I thought if I got another dog I could call them both at once so named it 'Ish' which fitted the malamute bit, never got the 2nd dog but years later she died and got another pound rescue yellow lab and was going to call him 'Rub' but rellies hated it and he became 'Grub'. 'Ishgrub' don't have the same ring (rang) to it eh!

2. Yeah, I'll dig it out of the shed this week. It is a molded fibreglass version that used the R3 flyscreen and holes etc as a template. Came with my black one as an unannounced freebie that I had chucked in the shed with the packaging as I thought it was just a packaging form to support the black screen. Only discovered it when unpacking and fitting the black one. Not sure if you can buy the flyscreen brackets separately but I do have an extra matching set on the clear sport screen which I shall probably never use again but loathe to split from that screen. The skull covers most of the central portion of the screen and is part of the mold not a badge (see the black one above).

3. AND NO it is not this ABOMINATION posted by warp9.9 elsewhere.

Link Removed

Hi Ishrub,
Sorry Mate, I didn't realise your in Canberra.

Rango is from of TV series about a real stupid cowboy and my mates gave me the nickname at skool.
OMG that screen or mask or whatever word you wish to use, and frankly 'abomination' certainly suits that horrible looking mask. I wouldn't put anything like that on my bike, it would scare little old ladies and kiddies. Its awful Mate. I'm scared myself. WHere could I get a smoked perspex one? I was thinking of going rummaging through bike dismantlers and robbing one off another type of bike and making it fit. I have actually seen some little flyscreens even fitted on scooters that would work. Should be easy to knock up some brackets.
Wot do ya think Ishrub?

Hi Ishrub,
Sorry Mate, I didn't realise your in Canberra.

Rango is from of TV series about a real stupid cowboy and my mates gave me the nickname at skool.
OMG that screen or mask or whatever word you wish to use, and frankly 'abomination' certainly suits that horrible looking mask. I wouldn't put anything like that on my bike, it would scare little old ladies and kiddies. Its awful Mate. I'm scared myself. WHere could I get a smoked perspex one? I was thinking of going rummaging through bike dismantlers and robbing one off another type of bike and making it fit. I have actually seen some little flyscreens even fitted on scooters that would work. Should be easy to knock up some brackets.
Wot do ya think Ishrub?

I hope you didn't think that ABOMINATION was mine!

So you don't have a tongue like a chameleon then? :D "TV Guide ranked the series number 47 on its TV Guide's 50 Worst Shows of All Time list in 2002." That is a cruel tag to carry!
The lizard head is actually your namesake from a 2011 great animated movie that has restored your Mojo:
Rango - Google Search

Rango (2011 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also have an non-Rocket3 specific aftermarket universal fit National Cycle USA (NC USA) 'Deflector Screen' in smoked acrylic that I think came off an R series air cooled boxer twin with a similar strut handlebar mounting system to RickMcC's above. The ABS type hard plastic QuickSet Mount System is for 7/8" (22mm) diameter bars so you would need to mill/widen them to fit the 1" std Rocket bars with a rotary dremel tool or similar. Plenty of material in mount to do so w/o weakening.

National Cycle | Online Catalog | Deflector Screen™ and Deflector Screen DX™

"Our popular Deflector Screen™ installs easily with our U-Clamp Mount System, and offers our patented RakeAdjust™ hardware. You can set the screen angle to optimize comfort and style by a simple adjustment, and the radial-tooth locking mechanism keeps the screen at the angle you choose.

The Deflector Screen is also offered with our patented QuickSet™ Mount System. QuickSet gives you the ability to remove and store the windshield quickly and easily when you prefer to ride with the wind in your face. A simple twist of the QuickSet knobs and the shield is off — in seconds!"

See pages 16, 17 of their catalog
http://www.nationalcycle.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/catalogs/NationalCycle_Windshields.pdf

The screen has a few light scratches that could be buffed out with some toothpaste or light polish.

I'll post some photos of them both this week.

Last edited:
Back