Wrong Gear Selector in Footboard Kit WTH?

Tonester

#justsayin'
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hi chaps,
I was lucky enough to get a Footboard kit for my 2014 R3R. After checking the parts, I noticed that the Gear Selector was obviously the wrong one. There's a hand written part No. on it TA9438048 I've had a look on line but there's nothing coming up to identify it. I've attached a picture if anyone could tell me what bike it's from, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Tony
IMG_0645.JPG

Try searching that part number without the T

Yes, done that. I asked at my Triumph dealer and the number wasn't coming up on the system. He tried it without the T and without the A and tried a few other things but no luck... I was hoping that someone here might recognise it.
T.

1) Send it back to the seller.
2) Adapt.

Which foot-board kit? - Normal or Classic?. Just boards or lower rails too?

Got the headache yet?

Triumph P/N are a maze (disaster)

The same P/N for example applies to the headlight extension wiring for Street Triples and R3's.
The Street triple one is shorter and has a different colour plug. Yup - you've guessed.

Thunderbird?

The brake lever and P/N would suggest it's NOT the classic kit. But that lever is wrong.
Thing is, it is a discontinued kit so you may have to get inventive.

The brake lever and P/N would suggest it's NOT the classic kit. But that lever is wrong.
Thing is, it is a discontinued kit so you may have to get inventive.
Ive seen guys who do not like the heal toe shifter put a speed triple shifter right on the spline coming from the engine no linkage at all. Looking at the rails specifically the weld mounts and looking at mine I would agree it's a standard floor board conversion kit.

Back