wrapping Rocket

canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
had anyone wrapped there Rocket? or had a professional wrap there motorcycle? it seems there is nice colors in wrap and seems like they do a really good job and far less expensive then paint so like in a couple of years or so you can change it and still less then paint. Has any one done this? I'm debating to do my bike when finished.

@tribal has been playing with it too.

Good read:
Blue Chrome - yes of course. Their Gloss Blue Carbon looks awesome too.
Chrome is only supposed to stay on for 2 years while regular vinyl can remain on indefinitely (but typically lasts 5-7 years though due to elements, smog...).
Neither is good for high-abrasion applications but chrome is especially touchy. You can also get your vehicle ceramic coated to protect the wrap investment.
I only ride solo but do like to put my feet on the back pegs occasionally so we'll see how long it holds up. I can patch over a tear or peel it off and redo it in less than an hour.
I've watched lots of videos on wrapping (& dipping) and went with VVivid as it is a premium brand in the industry with a proven track record for ease-of-use, durability, colorfastness, variety etc.

3M is good but some say you can see glue lines with some of their wraps. Cheap China wrap is, well, cheaply made (thinner, less glue).

It is just unbelievable the options VVivid offers. Besides the chrome, they have numerous mattes, chameleon color changing, gun metal, leather texture, carbon fiber, holographic, glow-in-the-dark (think Tron), flake etc.

Check the company web site and then shop Amazon or eBay for prices, LINK:
The VViViD Shop - The Vinyl Wrap Store, Open to the public!

Small pieces are available to play with. My gold chrome roll was $15 for 1.5' x 5' plus $10 for a tool kit. Special handling gloves are recommended.
I also bought gloss carbon to do the roof, wing, hood design, mirrors and side accents for my car so the bike work was for practice for that project.
Red Chrome -

Vvivid-Xpo-Supercast-Chrome-Red-Vinyl-Car-Wrapping-_57.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2019
Ride what you want on what you want.

Do a search on the forum for more like this:

and then jump into 1 zillion You Tube vids.

By the time you have watched them all your bike will have rusted away! ;) :(:)

yes I know there is a million videos on wrapping especially cars, but I was wondering if any one on the forum has done it either on there motorcycle or there car ? and what do they think? does it look just as good on the videos? up close as well?

I did some accent pieces but there is a guy who had his bike, bags and fairing all wrapped in matte carbon fiber and it looks great. I’ll look for a picture and name.
I’ve PastiDip’d a few parts and that’s holding up well too.

Attachments

• 6D80B0C2-01DA-45C7-AA40-D22EAA25A9E0.jpeg
    6D80B0C2-01DA-45C7-AA40-D22EAA25A9E0.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 75
when you say pastidip, is that when they dip your parts in a tank and its like a film that goes on? that's like a gold chrome looks nice.
Yes that would be great to see the whole rocket that is wrapped. I have a painter that said he will paint my bike for $3,000 to $4,000 but the guy that is doing my metal work said when he sees my bike its going to be way more.
So thinking of other ways just in case, that dipping could be a way as well I forgot about that.

when you say pastidip, is that when they dip your parts in a tank and its like a film that goes on? that's like a gold chrome looks nice.
Yes that would be great to see the whole rocket that is wrapped. I have a painter that said he will paint my bike for $3,000 to $4,000 but the guy that is doing my metal work said when he sees my bike its going to be way more.
So thinking of other ways just in case, that dipping could be a way as well I forgot about that.
Plastidip is a spray on plastic. What you are talking about is Hydrodip.

Matt Davis on a FB group has two Rockets and his older one is "blacked out" with CF wrap.

I think it was already wrapped when he bought it as I think I saw it before his photos surfaced. Matching wrapped helmet too.

mattdavis.jpg

Yes Hydrodip, this is what I'm familiar with and wrap and also I herd of when they spray a color and you can peel it off really cool as well , and also that water sray on chrome I did look into that really cool but very expensive, more then paint, but all these methods I never seen up close.
tribal that Rocket looks nice all wrapped looks like paint, you seen it up close does it look just as good and clean like paint?
I found a guy that does wrap and he told me to send him pictures and he will tell me how much its been 4 days he hasn't got back to me , I'll follow up on Friday and see what he says. I need to be just as clean as pain or it will bug me:)

Back