WOW! What a freakin difference!

RockyIII

Supercharged
Just wanted to share my experience with those interested.
To my surprise, received my blue OBDII cable today and got to work immediately.
Got the serial on the chip which was automatic and downloaded the latest drivers and installed them too. I had already downloaded a host of possible maps which I had studied previously.
So I hooked everything up no probs, the whole process was smooth as ice. No problems whatsoever. I then read map (as expected was 20050) and saved that as my original with all the other maps and decided to go with a custom map 20222_2SA (thanks to Deano). I just raised the speed and revs to maximum and set adjust speed to 0,0 and also unchecked and disconnected the o2 sensor from the bike. It uploaded in less than a minute, did reset adaptation and all the various tests.

I fired her up and she sprung to life with a beautiful hi rev kick which quickly settled down the the preset idle of 850. The bike used to idle like a pig, hunting all the time and now it's perfect. The power delivery is not snatchy but seems fuller and more meaty. I can actually notice the extra 7% power as when I gave it a good blast it was like the front wheel wanted to come up and I had to hold on slightly tighter than before.

All in all it's a great improvement. As I've previously stated, I just have the standard filter but that doesn't bother me to be honest, it's just so friggin powerful for an upright driving position.

Something I'd like to know tho, I unchecked the O2 sensor box in the software and didn't have any ill effects, I presume that's ok. Also I did the ISCV reset and adaptation reset and the TPS light went green so I guess it has adjusted the TPS, but not sure. If anyone can advise that would be awesome.

I'm very happy to say the least, a much more manageable and smoother ride now. Cheers!:)

Thanks guys, I went for another run today and all seems great. I do sense there a slight bit extra in oomph, not much, but it's there. 100% open makes that difference, and O2 off, makes a killer combination. Thanks.

Back