Would you part ways with your Rocket?

Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
Just a simple question....
What would cause you to consider replacing your Rocket? How long do you plan on keeping the beast?
For me it would be no parts or service. That's about it. I like all makes and models of bikes and like most folks out there I'm always tire kicking, seeing who is producing and what and how it compares to what I already have... To date, I've never been tempted to replace my Ride.

I'm not into a pile of electronics and as for comfort, I think each of us set the bike up to suit our needs. In reality, that 2300cc engine, if correctly maintained should last to thousands of miles, it should outlast a V-twin....

I've only had mine for just over 1000 miles now but so far I absolutely LOVE this motorcycle. I'm 6'8" so my choices are pretty limited when it comes to finding a comfortable bike. The R3 really fits me and my riding style perfectly. I don't see getting rid off it. I still have my last bike and plan to fill the garage with other bikes eventually :)

iv had mine from new 2009,sure i look at other bikes id like ,but would i swop it, NO.it suits me and the mrs just fine.The weight is the only reason id sell it,as i get older.

I loved my Rocket and rode it (almost literally) every day for 5 years in any and all weather conditions. I didn't just love riding it; I loved owning it, I loved being seen on it, I loved admiring it (yes, even though it was dog *****red @Evil Mitch ) and I loved the sense of achievement I got from having pretty much mastered it.
Then circumstances and good fortune combined to give me the opportunity to ride every Triumph in the range and pretty much take my pick day to day. Fact is I came to realise I like them all. At least there's only 6 (or 7 or maybe 8) that I have to have….;)

It was a tough decision to part with mine, but once I moved on I realised there is life after a Rocket, that I didn't need the world's largest production motorcycle, or arm stretching torque and ridiculous amounts of power to enjoy riding, just as I had done almost 50 years ago on an SL70.

And besides, I still get to ride a Rocket occasionally and if I feel I can't live without one, I'll buy another.

For the last 15 months or so I've been getting a real kick out of my Scrambler for reasons I couldn't even begin to explain (ride one and you'll know) and now a Thruxton beckons.

After 8 years on two different Rockets I traded mine a couple of months ago.

@ski let me ride his R3T the other day and I realized how much I missed the HP and torque. I also quickly remembered what a top heavy monster the Rocket is.

I've already made up my mind to pick up another one in a year or two. Every stable needs an R3. ;)

@ski let me ride his R3T the other day and I realized how much I missed the HP and torque. I also quickly remembered what a top heavy monster the Rocket is.

I've already made up my mind to pick up another one in a year or two. Every stable needs an R3. ;)

I'm glad to hear that from you. No offense, but I couldn't imagine trading a Rocket for any kind of V-twin, no matter what. Even free! There's just too many other engine designs that make sense and using a part of a radial engine never has. o_O (to me)

That being said, if the R3R ever gets too heavy for me, age wise, I'd consider the new FJR1300's. I don't know, it's just hard to imagine not being able to jump on the Rocket and "blast off"!;)

I didn't think I'd ever be rid of my Harley. I liked that bike for many of the same reasons mentioned about the rocket by the original poster here. I've ridden the Indian and think I would enjoy that bike as well. I love this bike and hope it's the one I stay with but who knows I may sit on another machine that makes me say HOLE E Shyte like the Rocket did. Many hours and dollars were spent on my old Harley and I traded it for my rocket without a second thought.

I love the motor on this bike but the ergo's just don't fit me. The complete lack of any accessories that actually fit without causing 2 other problems after install is another factor. The big power is fun but I would learn to live without it. I would go with Indian or Victory so I had bags that fit more than just my jacket. They both have enough power to ride 2 up. Victory has almost as many accessories as Harley so you could customize it to suit your needs. I don't have the money to trade so I will be on my Rocket for awhile. Apparently the ol' ladies vehicle needs replacing before my bike does.

I love the motor on this bike but the ergo's just don't fit me. The complete lack of any accessories that actually fit without causing 2 other problems after install is another factor. The big power is fun but I would learn to live without it. I would go with Indian or Victory so I had bags that fit more than just my jacket. They both have enough power to ride 2 up. Victory has almost as many accessories as Harley so you could customize it to suit your needs. I don't have the money to trade so I will be on my Rocket for awhile. Apparently the ol' ladies vehicle needs replacing before my bike does.

belonging to the 70 yo+ riders ' club I think I get another 4 years of rocket riding at best , the weight will mostly be the only factor in deciding to sell it but I am not there yet and I do pump iron to help in keeping in shape so the beast is always under control , altogether it will be 10 years total on the rocket a grand time ,longest on the same model . after that I 'll get a convertible meantime with the neville power kit installed and a bunch of other "improvements " I get to experience the best riding possible , just did a 12000kms trip from west coast to east coast and back missed the RAA in spearfish though!! but what a marvelous rocket trip!!

The rocket is not TOP HEAVY LOL YOU ARE

Back