Would any of these backrests for a Roadster fit an older R3 Standard?

BariPlayer

Standard Bore
Ride
2006 Rocket III
I was perusing the Custom Cruisers website and noticed these on the following page:

Triumph Rocket 3 III Roadster Sissybars & Racks

Note all of the fitment listings are for the Roadster...is there some reason why any of these would not fit an older ('06) Standard? Is the bolt spacing on the side of the rear mudguard different, or....? I sure like the idea of having a driver backrest.

Thanks!

I was perusing the Custom Cruisers website and noticed these on the following page:

Triumph Rocket 3 III Roadster Sissybars & Racks

Note all of the fitment listings are for the Roadster...is there some reason why any of these would not fit an older ('06) Standard? Is the bolt spacing on the side of the rear mudguard different, or....? I sure like the idea of having a driver backrest.

Thanks!

They will all fit an 06 R3

S/F

B

Since the first Rockets were released only the bolt heads and their finish has changed on the rear guard. Spacing is the same. In fact there are very few parts that are not interchangeable. Roadster exhaust can be fitted to the earlier models but not the other way round. No, not backwards. The early 3 pipe system cannot go on a Roadster without modification to the cross over pipe/ cat box due to the ABS module under the bike. Peg swap needs a bit of fiddling but is possible. Of course there have been other changes to the gauges, ECM and main harness to accommodate new features (gear indicator, fuel gauge etc) and things like different GPS (gear position sensor), ABS, tuning differences etc but I think that's about it.

I found out that most parts fit, my 05 has a tail light from an 09, a seat and mirrors from a '14 and a windhield mount from '10

Back