WOTL: Those scary sealer strips in parking lots: alternative ?

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
I recently changed to a different office, where the parking lot is asphalt, and has all those squiggly lines of sealer. Second day I was in there, in a sharp slow turn, the front tire slid and I thought the bike was going to go down - and when it didn't - I noticed my groin was really sore from extending the down side leg.

Thinking it might have been a one time thing, I've been more careful to treat the strips as one might railroad track, and still have had slips.

I talked to the building manager, and he claimed surprise, and said, "That's the way we've done it for decades, and this is the first I've heard of that."

Is there an alternative I can suggest to him ?

If you only experience these in a parking lot, your lucky! Half the roads where I live are made up of those tar snakes, the only place I've seen where they don't have those are in Hawaii!

We've got paint, sealer strips and sand & gravel in our parking lot at work. It's a regular road hazard test every day!:eek::eek:

Geeze . . . I was hoping the AMA (as in 'Motorcycle') would be pushing "instead of tar snakes, tell your [DoT or whoever] to use this" -- similar to their push to limit ethanol in fuel.

maybe a little sand or small gravel on it. but u would have to sweep up the extra.

I have noticed my Rocket seems to react to tar snakes more than other bikes I've owned. I quite often feel it "slip". It's never felt like it was going down, but it is an eerie feeling.

I have noticed my Rocket seems to react to tar snakes more than other bikes I've owned. I quite often feel it "slip". It's never felt like it was going down, but it is an eerie feeling.

Surprised to hear that, I find mine reacts less than any other bike I've owned, I attributed to to the size and wide tires, my CB750 is downright scary.

I found the worst tyre for that is the OEM Metz. I had forgotten how bad it was till I had to put one on earlier this year. Thankfully it wore out and so I could replace it with a better tyre.

I recently changed to a different office, where the parking lot is asphalt, and has all those squiggly lines of sealer. Second day I was in there, in a sharp slow turn, the front tire slid and I thought the bike was going to go down - and when it didn't - I noticed my groin was really sore from extending the down side leg.
Thinking it might have been a one time thing, I've been more careful to treat the strips as one might railroad track, and still have had slips.
I talked to the building manager, and he claimed surprise, and said, "That's the way we've done it for decades, and this is the first I've heard of that."
Is there an alternative I can suggest to him ?

BE VERY CAREFUL, Amigo!!!
Except for my speed of 25-30 mph, That's exactly how I git 2 plates and 13 pins in my left leg and ankle 2 years ago!
Velocity X mass (motor + rider) = Momentum.
Even at a low speed, the weight of you and your motor will cause the momentum (foot-pounds) to far exceed the tensile strength of you tibia, fibula and talus bones.
DO NOT plant your foot on the pavement - You are NOT riding a dirt bike!!!!

Back