Worldwide High Mileage Rocket III 50K & 100K Club Listing

62500 mls on my 08 classic . Done detent spring . 1 TPS and front wheel bearings.

62500 mls on my 08 classic . Done detent spring . 1 TPS and front wheel bearings.
Nice - Welcome to the 50K Club.
Sorry, all I can provide is this virtual trophy! 🏍🏆
Your's is #62 Highest Mileage Rocket Worldwide (of the known Rockets acknowledged by online riders.).

My odometer is affected by my dark side tire. While I may have over 50K miles the odo shows only 48K+. When I did my Iron Butt ride in 2013 my odo finished with 978 miles but the actual distance was 1084. The up side is it corrects my speed indication which I like but it keeps the odo from showing actual miles travelled. I put the car tire on in 2009 when the bike had somewhere near 18000 miles on it, so doing the math it's about 3100 miles off from actual. I'll let you know when it tips over the 50K mark....

My odometer is affected by my dark side tire. While I may have over 50K miles the odo shows only 48K+. When I did my Iron Butt ride in 2013 my odo finished with 978 miles but the actual distance was 1084. The up side is it corrects my speed indication which I like but it keeps the odo from showing actual miles travelled. I put the car tire on in 2009 when the bike had somewhere near 18000 miles on it, so doing the math it's about 3100 miles off from actual. I'll let you know when it tips over the 50K mark....

I go by the honor system. Whatever folks feel confident and comfortable with is what goes in the spreadsheet.

Some peoples speedometers have issues and others have corrected speed with TuneBoy/TuneECU which throws off the Odometer reading.

I'm actually more concerned with getting the issues and problems documented as that will help others determine what CAN go wrong as these bikes age.

It confirms the primary suspects (TPS on early models, detent spring, torsional damper assembly etc.) but helps put them in perspective even though it is a small
snapshot sampling.

I run 245/50/ZR16 Riken Raptors w/out speedo correction but haven't seen anything drastic with those DS tires.

I have set my trip meter when passing a mile marker on a straight highway and at 10 miles later it shows very close to 10 miles on the gauge.
When going through a radar speed alert it always shows higher (gauge reads 50 but radar indicates 47) which aligns with the speedometer being 7% off and
my odometer being accurate.

Back