Worldwide High Mileage Rocket III 50K & 100K Club Listing

Oops. My mistake. I meant to say 2013. Also, I don't think my bike should really count because as stated, the speedo works intermittently and so I'm going by history on the miles. Approximate mileage doesn't count.
On a different note my 05 looks like hell right now. When I got the 08 it was red. I prefer black so I took all the black parts of the 05 and swapped them with the 08. Unfortunately I hit a deer last April with the 08 and found that sliding a bike down the asphalt is bad for the paint. Doesn't do the radiator much good either. So of course now I switched the colors back and bought a racing radiator for the 05. The 08 has a salvage title and looks great! The 05 has a good title but looks like somebody slid it down the asphalt for a couple hundred feet. I'm getting used to the red.

Oops. My mistake. I meant to say 2013. Also, I don't think my bike should really count because as stated, the speedo works intermittently and so I'm going by history on the miles. Approximate mileage doesn't count.
On a different note my 05 looks like hell right now. When I got the 08 it was red. I prefer black so I took all the black parts of the 05 and swapped them with the 08. Unfortunately I hit a deer last April with the 08 and found that sliding a bike down the asphalt is bad for the paint. Doesn't do the radiator much good either. So of course now I switched the colors back and bought a racing radiator for the 05. The 08 has a salvage title and looks great! The 05 has a good title but looks like somebody slid it down the asphalt for a couple hundred feet. I'm getting used to the red.

I see now that you're saying the Odometer is whacky too. Yes, same cable & sensor...

I'm going by the honor system and will enter whatever you feel confident & comfortable with*.

I would definitely keep both bikes on the list as the "Issues" section is of more importance than actual mileage as it indicates what might go wrong as the bikes ridden a lot. We all know that the Rockets have gotten a bad rap over the years and the data should should hopefully disprove it or highlight the major failure points.

* Unlike my golfing buddy who takes 4-5 mulligans per round and then brags about his score in the bar when its really off by 8-10 strokes.

Count me in! 05 with 210,000 and still running well, however, the bevel box looses it's oil. ,,,
Dennis

Also, do you know if the recall was done to your 2005:

Mine was done before I picked it up.

2005 TRIUMPH ROCKET III MOTORCYCLE RECALL - #05V004000
RECALL FOR POWER TRAIN : DRIVELINE : DRIVESHAFT

ON CERTAIN MOTORCYCLES, DAMAGE TO THE OIL SEAL OCCURRED DURING FINAL ASSEMBLY. ONCE DAMAGED SOME OF THE OIL IN THE DRIVE UNIT COULD ESCAPE PAST THE SEAL.

Last call for Spring V2.4 adds/updates!!!!! The next version will be after summer...
Don't be shy!
Sorry, no pin, no patch, no sticker, no Tee-shirt.. Just immortality as nothing really goes away once its on the Internet.
If needed, I can provide a virtual emoji trophy icon. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back