Working on new tuning option Need an Ohio Captain

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
All,
Without getting too far ahead of myself, I’m working on getting one of the top 3 tuners in the country to start supporting the Rocket 3. First step is finding someone with a Rocket (non-touring) in Ohio that is interested/willing to turn their bike over to the un-named (for the moment) mad scientist for development work. Stock motor only please.

Pipes and intake don’t matter. My intent is to have a PC-V map built for each common configuration that will be loaded into the PC-V when ordered from the company paired with a single TuneECU base map used for all of them.

Thinking starting tune list would be:
Stock exhaust
Viking System
CES system
Brute system
Stock header into Viking rear 1/2
All done with Ramair
Those shouldn’t be too hard to source and are pretty common.

This would finally provide a route to fantastic running bikes for those with no good tuner near them or those who don’t want to mess with their own tune.

I like the idea.
But I am afraid it will not work, or be a lot more work, as the gear restrictions are different over the years and models.

That’s why we’ll use a unified base map. Essentially a flashing service to baseline the ECU to make a common base for the PC-V maps.

More details will come when I speak with the tuner, we all know all know TuneECU is free, but many people really aren’t comfortable with it. I figure 50-100 bucks for said customer to have their ECU baselined and have a matching PC-V tune loaded in their PC-V. I know I would have at one point as it’s both cheaper than dyno time and you don’t have to sort the logistics of finding a good tuner or getting a bike there or reserving time.

Last edited:
Ok, I can reveal now what I'm working towards.

You may have heard of Brock's Performance. I was under the impression he's just a re-seller. I WAS WRONG!!!

If you watch his youtube series "Stock to Brock" you'll see just how knowledgeable he is. His credentials are impeccable and he has a proven track record of race/championship winning bike builds. I've reached out and am awaiting information in response, this may or may not happen, but if you live in Ohio and are interested in a top notch tune let me know, as I'll need a volunteer if he approves the concept.

At the very least you have located another tuner.
Does he do ride in - ride out dyno tunes with Tune ECU?

Nah, it’s not a typical tuning shop, it’s a different business model, but he can do TuneECU, though that’s not what I’m asking him to do, there is no way to monetize that in his business mode, thus no incentive for him to tune an R3 at no cost.

Ok, I can reveal now what I'm working towards.

You may have heard of Brock's Performance. I was under the impression he's just a re-seller. I WAS WRONG!!!

If you watch his youtube series "Stock to Brock" you'll see just how knowledgeable he is. His credentials are impeccable and he has a proven track record of race/championship winning bike builds. I've reached out and am awaiting information in response, this may or may not happen, but if you live in Ohio and are interested in a top notch tune let me know, as I'll need a volunteer if he approves the concept.
I am familiar with Brocks. I did a search on the forum, and there are many Ohio based Rockets.

Are you hoping Brocks can offer a servive similar to Jamie at Fuel Moto? Reason i ask is the Harley guys love him and the PCV service he offers. Lifetime map updates, he doubles the warranty (or he used to anyway) and he has an extensive map library.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m looking to have developed for us.

A lot of people have PC-V, technically it’s not needed until you start making out injectors at 80% duty cycle, but many have them. So this is a good option, I know living in Georgia the only shops I could find were PC-V tuners, no one would even consider TuneECU.

I've spoken to two guys up here who said, "Sure I'll use TunECU. But I have to shut the bike down with each adjustment, and you can't afford it."

Back