snowbandit

.060 Over
Do not bid or buy this bike!

Triumph : Rocket III | eBay

This is the bike I had totaled. He is not telling the full story. The bike received a lot more damage and was totaled by the insurance company, it was a brand new bike when it was totaled... I had bought it last spring as a leftover... He replaced only some of the damaged parts. I am not even sure how he mounted the crash bar back on as the casing was stripped out and partly broken off. Bike was run without any coolant in it... The list goes on and on. Forks were slightly bent back and dented. The bearing in the steering steam was clicking pretty bad when moving the handlebars back and forth. The dent is from the handlebars slamming into the tank...

Just thought I would give the heads up if anyone was looking at or making an offer... Any questions please let me know..

Which crash bar (left or right) broke the casing off? I think I know by the lack of pictures for it but just wanted to clarify!

Thanks

mutt

I don't know ... looks like a hell of a deal to me. :rolleyes:

I know I looked everywhere for a 2 year old salvage title R3 for $12,000.00 !!? :eek:

That dude has been smoking Styrofoam if he thinks he's gonna get near retail for a salvage bike.
Hell, and I thought I might be asking too much for mine if I put it on the market for $13k with all acc. and clothing. And I'm pretty sure my title doesn't say "SALVAGE" across the top. LOL

Blue book Retail excellent= $12590
Blue book trade in value= $9100

Salvage title cut the price in half or even lower the bike has been ***ced and will never be the same, he does not have a hope in hell but if he does sell it I pity the poor fool who would spend that kind of money on a salvage title bike.

On the one hand he does "truthfully" note that it is a "Salvage" bike. But since he didn't pay anywhere near that acquire the bike...he is on more than just "styrofoam".

Price, as mentioned previously, should probably be at least half of what he is listing it for.

Dennis

32 dtg Dubai
33 dtg Home for good!

Price, as mentioned previously, should probably be at least half of what he is listing it for.
Especially since you can't get a loan on it since you can't get full coverage insurance on a salvage title. That may not be the case anymore since everything else has changed since I was working in the car biz, but it used to be that way. I had a bike years ago that got backed over in a parking lot, the insurance paid up and I bought it back but they would only write liability on it after that. It never got a salvage title but the insurance company put some kind of notation to that effect on it that stuck so that no other agency would write full coverage on it either. That's way too much money!!

Which crash bar (left or right) broke the casing off? I think I know by the lack of pictures for it but just wanted to clarify!

Thanks

mutt

Sitting on it the right side...

I know he is crazy asking that much. I just thought I would get the word out so no one would even consider it...

photo 44 shows, (what looks like) an attempt to remove the VIN sticker

Is it bad etiquette to give ebay a heads up on the bike ?

I remember a seller had a dirtbike where at the last minute he disclosed the socket where the clutch shaft was broken off and therefore the bike had no clutch

Back