Word of caution...about night hazards on the road

Lemieuxfan

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
so last Thursday night returning from VFW after finishing two pints of Guinness on tap driving home dark road after a turn there were deer I quickly veered left to avoid the rest of them while braking but one clipped my right front headlight bumper on my 09' titan with 230k care free miles on it. I came back the next morning to assess damages I guess it could have been worse my thinking all along was glad I was not on my rocket.. as the weather heats up keep extra careful of the deer in your area be safe upgrade to the LED lights ( I did that a while back and its very simple) I'm getting some parts (radiator frame, grill, headlights, fog lights) to offset the work but the truck isn't under any collision/comp. so will have to come out of pocket about 2,300 bucks... I look at this way the Titan will look a lot newer ;) could have been worse!!! stay safe out there!!

I basically won't ride at night anymore. Last August I had to go out at night, I told my sister I'm not happy about driving at night. Sure enough, a deer ran out, I almost managed to stop, and the deer slipped on the pavement just before I contacted it, so I only hit it with my bumper, missed the grill and headlights. It jumped up and ran away, no damages to van.

I am trained to never swerve in a vehicle for a deer, pound it and hope you have a texas bumper. Thats just the truck driver in me, cant swerve, many over correct ant thats when it gets exciting. Glad youre ok and continue on your with the pints and throw caution to the wind :thumbsup:

Last deer I hit, actually ran into ME. hit the passenger side front fender about even with the tire. took out the front bumper, headlight, corner of the hood, then spun around and hit the pass front door with his rear end. Only reason I'm SURE it was his rear end that hit the door is because the incident obviously scared the crap outta him, and broke it's neck.

Ive obliterated several one at 10g damage to a kenworth t2000, grill, bumper, radiator, intercooler, hood oh it was nasty at 80 absolutely blew it apart, Nebraska state trooper let me limp it in to omaha for repairs, had one hit top of hood edge and tore it in half head and top part slammed and broke the windshield, he looked right at me like oh snap this aint good right before i cut him in half. Big trucks do bad things at speed when they contact critters or other things

Ive obliterated several one at 10g damage to a kenworth t2000, grill, bumper, radiator, intercooler, hood oh it was nasty at 80 absolutely blew it apart, Nebraska state trooper let me limp it in to omaha for repairs, had one hit top of hood edge and tore it in half head and top part slammed and broke the windshield, he looked right at me like oh snap this aint good right before i cut him in half. Big trucks do bad things at speed when they contact critters or other things

Yeah, ain't no fun dodging jellified deer bombs after they explode all over the highway from a big truck. Especially on the bike!!

Yeah, ain't no fun dodging jellified deer bombs after they explode all over the highway from a big truck. Especially on the bike!!
I agree no fun at all and thats why you should always have your head on swivel and a j w speaker headlight. ATGATT (i try not to hit even a butterfly and i love deer and would never want to or find any enjoyment of killing one) just to not be misunderstood there was no enjoyment of any hazard ever that i have killed on the road. And when i blow a tire i try and get the aligator,

Last edited:
Back