Won the battle...lost the war!

rocket31998

Supercharged
Finished the Install of my front fender rails and chrome tips! :rolleyes: That's the good news. I drilled a hole in my front tire! That's the bad news! :mad:

You said the tire had 6,000 miles on it. How many more miles did you think you were going to get out of the tire? I had to put a new front tire on last fall while over in Arkansas for the BB&BBQ. I left the house thinking I had plenty of miles left on it. After 2 days of hitting the twistes, I had to have a new tire on in order to finish the week end. The pisser was that I had a new Avon waiting to be put on at the house. The only tire I could find was a Metz. So how many miles can be expected to get out of a front tire?

You said the tire had 6,000 miles on it. How many more miles did you think you were going to get out of the tire? I had to put a new front tire on last fall while over in Arkansas for the BB&BBQ. I left the house thinking I had plenty of miles left on it. After 2 days of hitting the twistes, I had to have a new tire on in order to finish the week end. The pisser was that I had a new Avon waiting to be put on at the house. The only tire I could find was a Metz. So how many miles can be expected to get out of a front tire?

I was hoping to get a couple thousand more out of this set. Maybe this incident will save me from myself. :eek:

Back