Withdrwn from sale: Thinking of selling my Carpentered 2010 R3T

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
As much as I like this bike, it's a touring bike that I don't use for touring. I don't really need to sell it, probably just spend the money on another motorcycle, but it's kind of a lot of money to have tied up in a bar hopper, how I mostly use it now.

Some bikes have never seen rain, this bike has seen rain sleet, hail, even snow, in the interests of full disclosure. Well cared for mechanically, never a penny spared on anything that will make it go faster, stop faster or lean over further, but if you want the glossiest paint or the shiniest chrome, this ain't the one you want. No dents or dings or major scratches, but plenty of scuffs, boot marks, etc. I camped with it and strapped tents, sleeping bags, chairs, even a table to it, there's a rub spot top of the left pannier is the most noticeable I can think of, 3" diameter spot, paint looks a little, IDK, foggy or hazy from a tire strapped to it. There is a fine but noticeable scratch on the tank from the rubber edging falling off remounting the instruments, cleverly concealed by a tank bra, technically my one concession to bling. I'm not a paperwork guy, but I might have some kicking around, but oil changed regularly, it certainly never went 10,000 miles. Probably 3000-4000 miles average.

Only mechanical fault I can think of is when Carpenter gave it back from engine work, gas gauge never went above 5/8 again, guessing he bent float rod. Oh, and a helicoil in fork pinch bolt where moron dealer over-torqued bolt.

Carpenter 240 package at 20,000 miles

Carpenter Brute stainless exhaust w/ heat shields.

Carpenter/Robinson transmission rebuilt at 30,000 miles, undercut dogs, billet 4th gear, and whatever else they do. I said any question, replace it, only doing this once, He replaced about every moving part judging by the 25 lb box of old parts he gave back, and the size of his total bill.

Approximately 32,000 miles on it, 200 Avon Cobra and 140 Avon Cobra, I'd say 75% of tire life remains, as a guess.

Hagon Nitro shocks, for 200 lbs rider+gear total. (I wasn't always this fat, honest)

Progressive front springs and 7 weight, I'd probably go back to 5, next time.

K&N 1770 filters, Bob hates filters, LOL, he hadn't seen these, but he said he got 241 hp with them on the second pull,he said that's really good. 185 ft lb torque.

Pretech 6 pot front calipers with EBC HH pads, I can check, but I think I have DOT 5 in this, synthetic.

Speigler SS ("allegedly" SS, some spots that look suspiciously like rust on them) brake lines.

Stabel air horn

Brake-Away cruise/throttle lock, automatic disengage with brake lever or throttle movement or use.

Classic bars with Rivco risers.

Long haul dual touring seat, as bad as I wanted a Russel, I couldn't justify it, half the time I gas and go without ever getting off the bike.

Apparent windshield fetish, 4 complete with fixings, 2 tall (one with vent), one cut down to medium by an expert (me), Boulevard Peak, plus a 5th seller said was mostly all there except maybe a few bolts.

PCV, autotune I don't use except it's necessary for LED readout unit, on handlebars, except it finally quit, water resistant as advertised, but one too many rides in blizzards or thunderstorms did it in. Purchased new unit, now called something else, but plug is different, so when it goes in next week for service and inspection I'll see if other end at AT changed, if so, I'll buy a new AT, whatever it takes. Choice of 3 at a time of 17 functions I think, A?F ratio, blah blah, etc. It gave me a tachometer, all I wanted.

Bushtec trailer hitch, wiring and plug connection. Matching cargo mate trailer available, I paid $800 and had a professional paint it, I think it's worth $800.

Tough bike to price, don't remember seeing a Touring sold with Carpenter package. I'll start at $13,500, but I'm pretty easy if I like you, if I won't budge that's a clear indication that I don't. If you want to lowball me, use common sense, as time passes your chances increase, probable answer is no today.

Oh, and the cheap ash Triumph chrome constantly tries to bleed rust, it sure ain't no Harley. Impress your friends, acquire groupies, guaranteed to increase penis size 60%, or any unused portion of your money returned. Eats liter bikes for snacks.

Retired guy with wanderlust and trailer, delivery possible, negotiable, if I get there and find cheap beer I turn around and take it home, no exceptions. And fair warning, I might bring Guzzi Dan, so consider carefully

Last edited:
Old pic, get current up after service and misc install work done next week
13239903_10153046547912706_4650935866269051632_n.jpg
1277051_10151420913787706_225594660_o.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to see you selling it dude.

You will also have to cancel your membership on here once you sell it :D

No, just found a better tool for the job. Waiting for an answer on something, I only said thinking of. When the heck do we get to see the Millennium Falcon again, you done roofing and remodeling yet? Supercharge it for me and I'll keep it.

Back